How much to charge...?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tickled Pink!

Reaction score
Hi there
I'm new to L&P extensions, freehand and airbrushed art. But i'm struggling....
On my price list I list my Airbrushing charges as follows:
1 colour - £5
2 colours from - £7
3 colours from - £9
4 colours from - £11 and
freehand nail art from £8
(all the above with another treatment)

Do you think these prices are OK? I consider myself to be pretty artistic and my designs are varied, preferably no two being the same. But what do you guys rekon? As white is nearly always used as a base colour, should i not include this in the price? After doing a set of extensions, i always seem to be uncomfortable charging someone another £5 for a french or a variation of it let alone another £7 if they have a two colour design.
PLEASEEEEE HELP!
thanks
dianne

hi ya...i always use to feel cheeky charging the extra but if u consider the amount of extra work u have to do then why not...then uve got the cleaning of the airbrush, the cost of ur cleaner...it all adds up!

thanks for the message...what are we doing up and on our pc's at 8.30 on a sunday morning!!!!
So, although white is used as a base and maynot be seen, do you still charge for it....
do you reckon my prices are ok?

hi all i do is french manicure so i dont know about other prices...i charge an extra £6 on top of a nail treatment for the airbrush french...if its alone a shape and airbrush french i charge £10...

im up coz my 3 kids think its great to be up at the crack of dawn on a sunday...they r all scoffing and watching tv...hubby in bed as hes been on nights so ile have a surf and a coffee for a while...lol

Hello,

I'm in Ireland so my prices are in Euro - here's what I charge:

1 to 5 colours used = €4.00 each
6 plus colours used = €3.00 each

Each pre-cut design mask used = €1.00
Each stencil shape used = €0.25

I don't charge for white as a base or if I have to 'white out' an area to spray another colour over it, I only charge for white if it is shown in the design.

Jackie

hi i have just done my airbrush price list after much investigation this is what i charge
base(ie white) plus one colour £5
" plus two colour £9
plus three £13
french design one colour (using mask or stencil) £5
two colour " " £9
etc.

base plus stencil with 1 colour £7
" " " with 2 colour £11 (ei safari print)
etc.
i go up by 4 pounds per colour thats not even 50p per nail which i think is quite good.
and if you are doing natural nails they are getting a mini manicure as well as their airbrushing so a 2 colour blend which looks great is only costing £9 and a safari animal print which looks fab at only 11 pounds
hope this helps
jo

I have pinched your ideas geeks, thank you. Me and Nailstar open our salon soon and we were wondering what to charge! We have loads of displays so we are pricing each box so its easy for our clients to see in advance what they will have to pay.

Its so hard to price your designs. The time taken is a big factor that many techs feel guilty. Remember its your skill they are paying for to.

Thanks again.
Love Chocolate x

thanks all you guys who replied to me re the airbrush pricing...i really appreciate it and it has certainly helped me....i must stop feeling guilting about charging people!!!!!!!!!!!! Hardly a good business head!
thanks again
dianne

Hi,
I have done a little research in the bournemouth and poole area on this and found that the charges vary greatly.

One place that i have been told is a non standard salon, is charging
1 Colour design £12.00
2 Colour design £15.00
3 Colour design £18.00
French plain £3.00
French fancy £5.00

then there are other places that are charging £5.00 per colour, so it varys greatly from £5.00 per colour to £12.00 per colour.

I charge £3.00 per colour, lets face it who ever has just one colour when airbrushing?
I think you have to work out your time involved and what clients are willing to pay, go with what you feel you would pay for your work.

My few clients that I have are over the moon with theres and they always always come back for more, they never have polish and always have either 2 or 3 colours and tell there friends so I am happy and so are they, surely this is what matters.

Good luck
Grace x

If charging for airbrushing with a service then £3-5 pounds per colour is around the mark. If somebody is just having airbrushing (ie no additional services) I would start at £10 and go up increments of £3-5 from there (maybe that's how that NSS salon is charging). Most people will have up to 3 colours on their nails - a fancy french or fade with maybe a bit of sparkle over the top.

If you do a lot of graphic art and use more than 3 colours or 2 bits of masking you'd be better off to charge by the amount of time it takes you (ie decide how much you want to earn/hours and go from there) but never charge less than your bread and butter 2 - 3 colours design. If you use masking - don't forget to charge for that too.

I have a section that spell out exactly how everything is charged on my price list, but in reality my designs are price indiviually for the customer.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back