How much to rent a chair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahjs

Reaction score
Hi, how much is the going rate to rent a chair in a new salon?, that is not city centre based.
Thanks
Sarah x

hi, i used to rent a chair and at the time i got 60%, and 40% went to the salon, although when the salon went V.A.T i had to add on the 17.5 % but we also increased the prices at that time.... i totaly belive i was on a good deal,but saying that the more you work the more you earn, its a good insentive, also if i was on hols i didnt get paid and if i had a quiet day then it was my tuff luck.
I now own my own salon, and have girls on the same rate.. so now the boot is on the other foot it does hurt a bit.
If you want a good stylist and you want to keep them its what you have to do never let a good stylist slip through your fingers.

shell
beaux cheveux. :hug:

Thanks for your reply. Do you have a written agreement between you and the stylists who rent chairs.

thanks.
Sarah x

hi,
yes i do, just so they know were they stand and it covers the facts that they need,
*there own insurance,
*keep there own books,(which i help them with.)
i tend to keep things simple,
good luck, i hope ive helped,
if you need to know more just ask. xxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back