How not to get offended

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPB

Reaction score
Um, did two girls nails at their houses back in Aug, they was pleased, and asked to re book before their holidays this month, i said not a problem and seeing as your having them done in the same house i'll work out a little discount, more of a friendly gesture etc.

However i got contacted near their appointment saying they couldn't afford it. I thought fair enough.

Well, well, i just look on Facebook and seen her post a picture of her new toes done by another mobile beautician.
I'm speechless, i did a good service, and i have started to have clients come back for more, plus i knew these girls from school..

Wow! Haha, guess they wanted to try else where?

Hi

Firstly, don't be offended! I have many friends that have there nails done elsewhere doesn't mean I'm bothered. Yes it would be nice to have their pennies but sometimes they like going to a certain person or are they type of person that always goes to someone new. It could be that they are abit jealous and don't want to line your pockets. Sometimes people just see a better offer and go elsewhere then will go somewhere else again next time.

Personally I wouldn't go round giving discount or you will never run a successful business (I'm not saying you already aren't) but getting into the habit of just knocking abit off never ends then they tell their friends how much they paid and they will experience the same price.

I have a regular hairdresser but after 3 weeks of trying to get an appointment with her I got fed up & went Toni & guy.

Chin up sometimes these things just happen xx

Hi

Firstly, don't be offended! I have many friends that have there nails done elsewhere doesn't mean I'm bothered. Yes it would be nice to have their pennies but sometimes they like going to a certain person or are they type of person that always goes to someone new. It could be that they are abit jealous and don't want to line your pockets. Sometimes people just see a better offer and go elsewhere then will go somewhere else again next time.

Personally I wouldn't go round giving discount or you will never run a successful business (I'm not saying you already aren't) but getting into the habit of just knocking abit off never ends then they tell their friends how much they paid and they will experience the same price.

I have a regular hairdresser but after 3 weeks of trying to get an appointment with her I got fed up & went Toni & guy.

Chin up sometimes these things just happen xx

Glad i posted here first. i nearly felt like commented and saying something.. Nothing nasty, but i dunno what i would of said..
Yea i guess it does happen. Phew! Haha.. I posted on here first to let the anger out haha.. I try not to knock prices off, but lately i get guilty and do it, drives me nuts..
I do sell myself short, but i have never worked for anyone in the industry to build up the business side of it all. However i do feel bad for people or give in..

I see you point exactly, but try not to be offended if you're not particularly close to these people. My own sister has gone elsewhere because I wouldn't let me mess me around with times! Haha.
I never do discounts for people, always full price or offers if I'm running one at the time, I know its tempting but its so hard not to get stuck in that rut!

Um, did two girls nails at their houses back in Aug, they was pleased, and asked to re book before their holidays this month, i said not a problem and seeing as your having them done in the same house i'll work out a little discount, more of a friendly gesture etc.

However i got contacted near their appointment saying they couldn't afford it. I thought fair enough.

Well, well, i just look on Facebook and seen her post a picture of her new toes done by another mobile beautician.
I'm speechless, i did a good service, and i have started to have clients come back for more, plus i knew these girls from school..

Wow! Haha, guess they wanted to try else where?

I would post on her Facebook "Lovely toes" so she knows you caught her out being a big fat liar. :irked:

Don't waste your energy thinking about them as it will drive you crazy! Clients cancel and go elsewhere and there is nothing you can do about it.

I wouldn't comment on her Facebook page personally, you still want them to come back to you in the future and it will let them know that you are unhappy with them going to another therapist.

Think about how you would retain your customer base instead. She had her nails done by you and her toes done elsewhere? do you do pedicures? did you make her aware when doing her nails that you do other things too?

Remember that when a customer is with you that they are a captive audience, sell yourself!!

Michelle x

I would post on her Facebook "Lovely toes" so she knows you caught her out being a big fat liar. :irked:

My friend said i should of said something, make her feel bad haha. :twisted:

Yea i can see where your all coming from. I'm feeling alright today. What offers do you usually do then?
I'm stuck in a rut this month, it has been very slow. I ordered additives last night, so hope they come tomorrow so i can play about with them on my sisters :)

I would do a really great set of toes and put them on your facebook page, show off your work and she may see it and think actually they look really good I'll use her next time.
React in a positive way :)

I used to offers but they don't attract repeat customers. I'm now so busy it's stupid! Iv build my customers through social networking. Maybe try that before doing offers :) xx

I used to offers but they don't attract repeat customers. I'm now so busy it's stupid! Iv build my customers through social networking. Maybe try that before doing offers :) xx

I have two facebook accounts, about 200 people know of me. Its hard work, i know everything takes time, but ugh. I have two clients this week only :( One being my nan.

I have two facebook accounts, about 200 people know of me. Its hard work, i know everything takes time, but ugh. I have two clients this week only :( One being my nan.

Aww :( I just to be like this it's so disheartening, don't let it get you down! Get on twitter & follow the thousands in your area, same with Instagram. Good things come to those who wait xxx

Latest posts

Back