How often do you change your barbicide - honestly?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you honestly change your barbicide?

• Every day - religiously

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • Every other day

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Once a week

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • When it evaporates and there isn't any let if the jar!

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucy-Jayne

Reaction score
The title says it all.

I have heard some people say every day religiously, some say every other day and some not know when the last time was.

My barbicide is at my salon, so don't have a bottle to check the recommended instructions. But if any one has any info as to how often it needs to be changed otherwise it will be ineffective please post on here. I was under the impression it needs to be changed every 24 hours.

Hopefully the poll will come up and thanks for your input.

Every morning for me....as long as I have clients!

I'm sure that its recommended to change daily...thats why I do it that often.

I change mine every other day. However I have a glass bead steriliser and I zap my tools in this once a day too. :hug:

I change mine every day, apart from anything else the wee bits of skin that are removed from my nippers tend to move at the bottom of the jar! Even at the end of the day I notice it. It freaks me out a little so I'm an every day gal :lol: - but not sure actually if it is a 24 hour turnaround for the product.

Victoria xx

Sad character that I am, I have just nipped into to my studio and checked the bottle....

Instructions on the side of the bottle itself....."prepare fresh solution daily or more often"

I clean out my barbicide jar at the end of each working day.

At collage we are told to change after every client and I can see bits (yuck - sorry) in the bottom after each client so I do but then I am obviously not as busy as a lot of you.

I work for a company who tested the effectiveness of barbicide...it actually needs to be changed every single time you use it. Every time those tweezers go in, forget about taking them out and putting them back in 20 times in a day! As soon as it's contaminated once, it loses its level of sterilisation and needs to be changed to guarantee it will sterilise the next item. VERY expensive way of sterilising, if you're using it correctly.
I'm not sure I can advertise on here what works better, so if you're interested, PM me and I will give you the details!!!

I work for a company who tested the effectiveness of barbicide...it actually needs to be changed every single time you use it. Every time those tweezers go in, forget about taking them out and putting them back in 20 times in a day! As soon as it's contaminated once, it loses its level of sterilisation and needs to be changed to guarantee it will sterilise the next item. VERY expensive way of sterilising, if you're using it correctly.
I'm not sure I can advertise on here what works better, so if you're interested, PM me and I will give you the details!!!

This is very interesting. I use a glass bead steriliser as well, but would not be happy to know that the effectiveness goes down after it's contaminated.

Seeing as barbicide doesn't actually completely sterilise (think I've got the right word!) is this as big an issue if it only reduces the effect slightly?

You only need to change your barbicide every day It should not get contaminated because all of the tools that you use should be scrubbed in hot soapy water to get rid of anything on them after every client.
you do of course need another set of tools
there is no point in using barbicide if you put dirty used tools in it it will be inefective.
The same applies to any brand of sanitiser.

Ruby

You only need to change your barbicide every day It should not get contaminated because all of the tools that you use should be scrubbed in hot soapy water to get rid of anything on them after every client.
there is no point in using barbicide if you put dirty used tools in it it will be inefective.

Ruby

Very true :)

I always clean my tools before i put them in babicide.

Ruby

Right I see what you mean, that was not explained, we are told to put them back in during treatments then scrub and new barbcide again after each client. At home I scrub, use a uv cabinet then germ terminator using two sets of tools, but thanks for your clarification and advice it was really helpful with exams coming up, I will pass it on to other students at collage. xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back