How often do you drink alcohol?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Sounds a silly question, but since the birth of my son I have started drinking again. It's only a glass every night/every other night but I am starting to worry this is too much. Considering I didn't drink for nine months.

Had a lot of stress recently with one thing and another, and found it helps me relax but I do worry I may be damaging my liver and am starting to cut down.

My DH also has a drink everyday.

Am I being silly? I know you shouldn't drink that much wine and that's my fav drink at the mo.

I would be interested to learn how often you drink and how much, if you do. Does your alcohol consumption increase with stress levels?

Hey! They say that if you are asking yourself the question, you sure are drinking too much. I find this funny cause I ask myself every night when I pop open that bottle of vino. Either my day has been so good that I just MUST have a wee glass of wine or my day has been so dire and stressfull that I again MUST have that wee glasss (and another!).

See you at Betty Fords lol!

I don't drink during the week at all, only on saturday nights. Not sure why but about a year ago i developed an intollerance to alcohol. I'm trollied on 2 glasses of wine (but usually stay out anyway) and no matter what i drink - even if it's only a glass or two - that's me in bed allllll day sunday, dipping in and out of sleep and unable to move.
The doctor had no idea why. :eek:

So if i have to function at all the next day, i don't bother. lol
xxxx

I don't think one glass a night is alot. Lots of women i know easily finish a bottle a night at home. :eek:

Thanks Tammy. I think you've reassured me it's OK to have one.

God when I think back to when I was 20 I used to go out most nights at uni and get wasted. That's worth worrying about.

Hardly ever is my answer. I seem to have lost the taste for it a bit since having my kids. Occasionally I'll have a glass of white wine or two but that's it. Boring old fart :rolleyes:

oh that five o clock feeling eh

never...tea total me
ok just special occasions then..

Hey! They say that if you are asking yourself the question, you sure are drinking too much. I find this funny cause I ask myself every night when I pop open that bottle of vino. Either my day has been so good that I just MUST have a wee glass of wine or my day has been so dire and stressfull that I again MUST have that wee glasss (and another!).

See you at Betty Fords lol!
A glass:eek::eek: maybe a bottle or two.. AA here I come.. oh should I get bulk tickets;)

I don't drink at all really. An odd one on a nite out but thats it.

I just don't like the taste of many drinks and I'm never thirsty enough to be honest. Also don't like being sick so that stops me dead!!!

I'd rather have a brew!!!!!!

Not as much as I'd like, lol! Have a couple of glasses of wine through the week, then out on a Sat night, wine, cocktails, pints n shorts! I'm really rough all day Sunday though. And if I dare go out for lunch on a Sunday (to soak up the drink of the night before!) and end up staying out till the pubs shut, (hey, I try to go home honest!) then I get a 3 day hangover :sad: So it normally takes me till Thursday to brave the vino again, lol :twisted:

You've made me laugh again Lisa lovey! I was you ten years ago. Now I'm a stay at home mum and drink the odd glass for stress relief!! xxx

guess I'll see you all at AA ... I'm sat here on a school night with a glass of cider ............. I'll have water tomorrow xx

Maybe about once a month if I'm lucky.......I'll have one if I go out to dinner sometimes ......
I don't buy drinks for home ....liquor is so expensive here.....and I'm so cheap:eek:......
so I just don't bother.....I should because some days ...you just need too!;)

I hardly ever drink, I guess I'm just not in the habit of it.

Here's a little true story for those of you who think a drink every night is ok...
A guy (friend of a friend) was in the habit of having a little drink each night - just to relax after a hard day at work, once the kids were in bed. Anyway, he was taken into hospital after becoming ill and ended up in there for a couple of weeks. During his stay in hospital he started developing alcohol withdrawal symptoms - obviously he couldn't drink in hospital.

His body had become dependent on the alcohol and he had become an alcoholic on one small drink a night! :eek:

So please be careful, everybody.

I dont drink very often at all I can relax and have fun without getting pissed :biggrin:

me and sandi (valencianails) wont bother answering this one hahhahahahahahahahhhah

Drinking a glass of wine a night is proven to help the heart. I just make sure I eat something first then follow it up with a glass of water before bed and 2 asprin. the water will help flush out any toxins in your liver and kidneys the asprin helps in making your body rid the alcohol quicker.

me and sandi (valencianails) wont bother answering this one hahhahahahahahahahhhah

I'm not answering either and its no laughing matter:wink2:

Lets just say I have cut down:wink2:

Latest posts

Back