How often do you raise prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St311ar

Reaction score
Hi !

I increased the clients I was charging $25/soak off+new gel overlay (I don't do fills) to $30 in January of this year. They had followed me 1.5 years ago from a salon that charged that price. At the salon I am at now my clients pay between $35-$45 for the same treatment. I just increased but I was just wondering how often you up your prices. Thanks for your help, I did a search and didn't really find a similar question.

I put my prices up in November after holding them steady for the last three years, mainly because of recession.

However, I really believe they should go up every year and intend to do so in future.

Jacqui xx

I only put my prices up if my overheads go up! Otherwise I'm happy with what I get. I don't put prices up as an automatic yearly event just for the sake of it. If it costs me more to provide my services then I have to charge more.

In the last 10 years I have never ever had one single supplier who has not put their prices up every single year.

My landlord puts the rent up every single year.

Cost of living goes up every single year.

Wages USED to goup every single year lol.

Make your decision to increase costs based on factors such as these. Or not. Its up to you.

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back