How often do you re-Bob?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you change your brush?

• Every millenium

Votes: 23 7.3%
  • When the hair count gets below 5

Votes: 23 7.3%
  • After 12 months

Votes: 52 16.6%
  • Between 6-12 months

Votes: 110 35.1%
  • Between 3-6 months

Votes: 95 30.4%
  • Ever day becuase Im rich

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters
I change mine when I need to.When I first started doing nails I got through a few as I used to try and skimp on monomer to clean the brush and used the old leftovers.Biiiiggg mistake,I found the expensive way.Now I use fresh monomer to clean and wrap in tissue,store flat in my nail box and perfectio,as long as its doing the job properly I'm happy.:) :)

fab thread, have been reading with great interest.

i think i need to start showing my looby some more special attention. i have only started to use monomer to clean her since i read about the ill effects of brush cleaner on here however..... am still cofused if i am storing correctly. i have metal caps that go on my brushes and then i stand them in a pot with the head down so any liquid will drain away from the brush not into the brush..... now i wondering if i should just be putting the cap on and laying on the table!!!! :cry:

help xxx

I've just changed my brush, I had the previous brush for 7 months, it's the best thing I ever did, I was using a pro styler and I now I have got the pro sculptor it's larger aswell so it seems so much easier to use??

I usually get a new brush every three months or so. I think I must manhandle the poor thing, because bristles are always coming out of it. But I keep it laying flat in my brush box, in my desk, so it doesn't get contaminated.

I have a question though: I have a brush for my other liquids, I've never used any of them in any other liquid. One of the brushes I very rarely use, and it's stored flat just like the rest, but it has the icky yellow stain if I try to use it. Is it because the brush never gets used, and the monomer in it turned bad? Can that even happen? Should I maybe clean my brushes once a week in their own monomers to keep this from happening?

My favorite bush is called Basil.............bum bum.
I've had him since I began training in 2002, and still get him out on a regular basis, but I also buy a new brush every four or five months, I think its a kind of obbsession!...........a compulsive disorder maybe?

Well I just bought a new brush and am yet to name it but my last "Sally" lasted for 2 years. I don't use mine more that once a week so they tend to last longer. Also I too only clean my brush in monomer, however before I got good at my ratio I was changing them quite often as I would get dried acrylic in them and brush cleaner never quite did the trick.

I change my brush when i think it needs to be changed, I have just recently bought a new brush, but the one before that lasted me about 3 yrs! I was quite sad when I had to let it go:cry: lol

Jo xx

As a newbie I admit to killing 3 brushes (sorry!) However I did resuscitate one brush using Nailzoo's formula for flattening/retraining a brush.

At college we were told to wipe off the brush on kitchen roll only. However, by reading previous posts on here, I have since learnt to clean in monomer and store in a brush case. Hopefully my new brush will last longer than the memory of the dead ones. (fingers crossed).

I also admit my brush has no name..I will correct that immediately..honest:)

my brush aint got a name!he he it a bit :( about the whole thing now .. ya have upset it .. ! its gonna give me hell for days now ... so when someone gets hoofs! its your fault :D
I aint trained by any big named company and have known for a hell of a long time that ya dont wash your brush in acetone or brush cleaner ..
its just one of the little pearls ya gain by reading ! every thing you can find, internet in my case .. but we really shouldnt be scoffing at the fact that people do it .. we should be writing in bigger letters to inform people more ..
We are lucky, we have here and its a lot of reading, but some peeps do there 3 day course and are left pretty much to feel thier way around in the dark.
probably said this before .. but will again, I am very convinced that our brethern should be teamed with apprentice ships, or mentor system ..
then urban myths wouldnt last
Oh its a him .. the brush is a him .. hmmm now I am really gonna get it *wink*

Latest posts

Back