How often do you recommend full gel extension removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breda

Reaction score
My trainer said there is no need to remove fully unless there is an issue, you just continue with refills/rebalance.
But I have been reading I should be doing a full removal and new set every 3 months. Is this the norm ?

No, there is no need unless you find you have issues. It just ends up costing the customer more for no reason. Sometimes it can be necessary, an example is when the nail grows long underneath the enhancement, and in some customers it could start to pull away from the overlay. However, if you've trained with an e-file, then you can easily remedy this by using the file underneath to remove the nail.

No, there is no need unless you find you have issues. It just ends up costing the customer more for no reason. Sometimes it can be necessary, an example is when the nail grows long underneath the enhancement, and in some customers it could start to pull away from the overlay. However, if you've trained with an e-file, then you can easily remedy this by using the file underneath to remove the nail.
Thank you, yes I have see this happen with a client but unfortunately haven’t trained with an efile yet. Definitely on the list.

I dont use an e file and very rarely do a full set on people mostly infills . Most have had them on for years and years

Latest posts

Back