How often do you soak off??!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
:rolleyes: If there are any of you out there that would post me a reply I'd be grateful.

After 7 months of working in a salon, I find myself with an ever increasing number of customers (all come recommended...I put that down to my Creative Training!).

I use CND P&W L&P system on the whole, but with my new customers come new challenges. There are a few customers that leave me with beautiful, flawless looking nails....when the come back for their refills, I find that even after thorough prep (making sure all old pink acrlic is attached to nail plate) when putting the new fresh pink on, you can see the silhouette of the old pink through the new???

I would say that on the whole I come across this problem on maybe the 2nd or 3rd rebalance, and usually on clients who like to go as long as possible in between rebalances (e.g. 4 weeks) however, some clients don't have this problem.

I was wondering if I'd be best to soak off and start again???

What is the average life of an overlay before it starts to look 'tired' and needs soaking off???

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Jenny - nails
Notts/Derbyshire :lol:

Hi Jenny,
I look forward to reading any replies you get as I experience similar problems. I don't like soaking off unless it's absolutely necessary but as you say, sometimes the ovelay starts to look 'tired'. I do find that if I see this during a rebalance, I tend to buff off a little more than usual to try to get the surface, dirty-looking product nice and thin - that seems to work but I wonder if anyone has any tips to avoid it in the first place.......

Carol

The main tip I would give to you both is to make absolutely sure that the client is maintaining their enhancements with SolarOil.

If clients do not do this, it will cost them money for a new Full Set. If a bottle of SolarOil can save them having to have a new set, it is well worth the purchase.

Everyone buys it ... some never use it or seldom use it... on their own heads be it!

There is no need for Creative enhancements to deteriorate, in fact I have never seen the two-toned effect you describe on ANY client. The colour stability is one of the main reaonsons why I changed from my former product to Creative.

Impress on your clients to maintain their enhancements between appointments .. it will save them money and you time.

Thanks Geeg.... tis true that Solar Oil is a brill product :p
It's just that we newbies need reminding from time to time!!
Carol

can you please help me as to the instructions in using the solar oil ??? what do i tell my clients??? thank you so much ..chris
geeg said:
The main tip I would give to you both is to make absolutely sure that the client is maintaining their enhancements with SolarOil.

If clients do not do this, it will cost them money for a new Full Set. If a bottle of SolarOil can save them having to have a new set, it is well worth the purchase.

Everyone buys it ... some never use it or seldom use it... on their own heads be it!

There is no need for Creative enhancements to deteriorate, in fact I have never seen the two-toned effect you describe on ANY client. The colour stability is one of the main reaonsons why I changed from my former product to Creative.

Impress on your clients to maintain their enhancements between appointments .. it will save them money and you time.

You tell your clients that using SolarOil is a MUST to maintain their enhancements.
1. It keeps the product 'plasticised'. Which means it keeps the product flexible and in optimuim condition.
2. Keeps enhancements from drying out and becoming brittle. Less Breakages.
3. Using solarOil keeps the soft tissue surrounding the nail plate, moisturised and helps to shrink cuticles.

Buying a bottle of SolarOil is not much more than paying for 1 repair so it is well worth it. Clients need to use SolarOil daily as often as they want but at least once.
NO new client should leave your table without having purchased a bottle. It would be like buying a car and never maintaining it or buying a pair of shoes and never polishing them. Clients have invested money in their nails and should have the tools to look after them.

All these points and more, should be in your class notes!! If you trained with Creative, you will have been tested on this information also. We stress very firmly the need to use SolarOil for maintaining enhancements.
It is an extremely rare thing indeed to come across a Creative technician who doesn't know everything there is to know about SolarOil.

I have experienced this twice (2 different clients) and each time they`ve admitted not using their solar oil. One had dropped and smashed her bottle and thought she may as well wait until her next appointment, the other said she`d mislaid it and had to buy another.
They both now know that when I say it should be used 2-3 times daily for 48 hours then at least once a day after that I`m not justing trying to sell a product but that its vital to maintaining their nails.
Their next appointment (both of them) they`re nails were perfect clarity and needed minimum rebalancing again.
Its a great learning experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back