How often do you wash your hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you wash your hands

• A couple of times a day

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • After every client

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • After every client and every time you go to the loo

Votes: 136 39.5%
  • Repeatedly, every time you think they need a wash

Votes: 91 26.5%
  • More often than any of the above

Votes: 96 27.9%

• Total voters
nailsbydesign said:
How many times a day do you wash your hands???

1) A couple of times a day.
2) After every client.
3) After every client and every time you go to the loo.
4) Repeatedly, every time you think they need a wash.
5) More often than any of the above.

This subject came up in a skill building class today, it will be interesting to hear what you do, as the people in the class varied quite a bit.
I seem to be forever washng mine throughout the day so mine would be number 4.

As you can see I have not figured out yet how to set up a voting poll!!!

I wash my hands before and after eating food, after using the bathroom, after cleaning, after and before clients, after counting money, need I go on...but I'm not a compulsive obsessive - honest

But you wouldn't beleive how many woman I work with don't even wash their hands after a trip to the bathroom - I do rib them about this as it just shocks me that anyone wouldn't do this as an automatic action!

I've also noticed the same when I am out and about on a weekend it just a disgusting not to isn't it?

I have a bit of OCD with washing hands.

I am always washing them, It's awful.
I can't use a public loo without using little bits of tissue to flush the handle, open the door ect...if no tissue then my sleeve.
I am the same if I ever have to use public transport, I hold on with my sleeve...I know, what a wierdo!

The wost thing is I drive my fiance mad with it, I am always saying "have you washed your hands?" He thinks i'm a freak!

i am forever washing my hands.........

nailsinlondon2 said:
i am forever washing my hands.........

So you dont take after your mum then????:)

na lol its only cause i have to change dirty bums all day as i have twins in nappys and when they go for number two god you know it ..........

so after every bum MOT i wash me hands

I also make frequent use of gel sanitizer. I have 2 bottles on my table.. one for the client to use that's closer to her, and one for myself that's on my side to my left on my shelf.
Another in the bathroom and another in the kitchen.

I use them all the time.

Great things , aren't they?:green:

MINKUS said:
i wash my hands b4 each client and cool blue the both of us.

If im not working i wash them in the morning and after loo and stuff and thats it.

I wont tell you what i used to pick up in the horses stable, out of the shavings WITHOUT my gloves on:D moons ago before i used to do and wear nail enhancements!

DOUBLE MINGER.

Amb xxx

My Mum always told me that horse poo is the best poo!

No 5 - AAH I'm an OCD, lol!

I wash my hands ALL the time. It sometimes drives me TOTALLY CRAZY. It takes over your life. I hate touching things, I allways have to wash my hands after touching something, then allways feel like i need to wash them again if i dont put hand cream on straight away. Im getting a little frustrated with this OCDness. It all stems from having really sensitive skin, I get skin allergies, therefore allways wash my hands incase some filthy person has touched whatever i touch with something im allergic to - hmm although im not sure if that's just my excuse or my reason!

Its not the best way to live, and I sometimes just wish it would go away, but alas, my boyfriend is a little bit ocd too, lol, has a thing about sanitising loo seats thoroughly with dettol before ever going near it, lol, bless him. Which doesnt really calm my case of it down atall!

Anyone know of any effective methods to kurb the blasted curse of OCD???

:eek: i'm a minger!!:eek:

i wear gloves when dealing with a client as i had a nasty reaction a few months ago, so i reckon i'm off the hook when in comes to not washing my hands in between clients!

however, in 'normal life'... i was brought up with the attitude that "a little bit of muck, does you good" and it's soooooooo true!!! exposure to a few nasty little bugs in small doses is what strengthens your immune system!!! .. must be true, cos i'm hardly ever ill!!!

x

I'm with Mandini and deffo a minger!! However, it has to be said I don't work directly with the general public. We have to teach our bodies how to work so not to wash too often!! I do wash after going to the loo though although I have been told this is very unhygenic:lol:

Cathy

Mandini said:
If you guys could hear me laughing my head of now! Not because I've found a supporter (thanks Angie!), but because I just can't help thinking that when I ever have the pleasure of meeting you lot one day - you're not going to shake my hand...... and if you do - you'll suddenly disappear to the bathroom!!!
psml!!! I admit it, Im a minger too! Perhaps at the next Geek meet everyone should have a bottle of cool blue on a string around their necks! xx

This is a funny thread!!! We are split in two camps - mingers and obsessives!!!! No inbetweens.:lol:

No 4 for me!!! Boarder line obsessive I guess some would say lol!! I seem to be for ever washing my hands with one thing or another & I have eczema as well quite badly on them so that flairs up a lot!!:rolleyes: :)

Mandini said:
I wanna know Sandi what happens xxxx
well.... you'll be pleased to know Amanda that the skin on my hands isn't needing to be looked after like it used to be, I was using Scentsations hand lotion and/or SolarSilk quite a few times a day, not anymore, not since reducing the number of times I wash my hands per day.
I do still use the hand lotion but its more because I want to than have to :D

I'm officially a 'Mandini Minger' and proud of it lol :hug: xxx

CDN nail chic said:
Borderline obsessive.

That would be me as well....

all the time i have OCD lol x

How many times a day do you wash your hands???

1) A couple of times a day.
2) After every client.
3) After every client and every time you go to the loo.
4) Repeatedly, every time you think they need a wash.
5) More often than any of the above.

This subject came up in a skill building class today, it will be interesting to hear what you do, as the people in the class varied quite a bit.
I seem to be forever washng mine throughout the day so mine would be number 4.

As you can see I have not figured out yet how to set up a voting poll!!!
I wash my hands before a client,after a client,when I have used the loo and whenever else I need to,i.e if I have done some cleaning,blown my nose,touched up my make-up or scratched my head.

Yeah, I'm beginning to feel a little OCD about my handwashing!!

P.s. when I see someone sneeze or cough or spit in public all I want to do is hand them the sanitizer I keep in my bag and tell them to wash! Like I'm some kind of Sanitizer Police!

Latest posts

Back