How often root touch up with high lift and is it damaging?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delia21

Reaction score
Hi all, I posted recently about my orange hair disaster, that was luckily fixed by my new hairdresser, without bleach (I have never bleached it), by using a high lift blonde on the roots and an overall ashy/purple toner on top (posting a different thread on the toner too Lol). My hairdresser said I should be coming for root touch-up every 5-6 weeks. With the old hairdresser I usually pushed 9-10 weeks(mind you, my colour was never even). Is it ok or could I maybe push it towards7-8 weeks, given that the developer is quite strong (she mixed 30 and 40 vol.)? What do you recommend? And is a high lift in your experience for root touch up only more damaging than bleach? Thank you!

This thread of mine has been also added here:

Hi everyone, I have recently fixed my orange/yellow brassy hair with a high lift root touch up and my hairdresser has topped it with a nice ashy/purple toner (it was on a level 9). However , the result was quite a dark/deep ash. I know it fades with washing, but what could we do to avoid it going too deep next time? Should I stay less with it or is it more a question of a mix? (I want to be a cool shade). Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back