How often should you manicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
Guys

just wanted some opinions, as you know, ive had awful trouble with my own nails over the last year due to allergies etc and they are once again just starting to look a bit better, but.. im finding that i can do a mani on a monday, and by friday nails look tatty and cuticle on nail plate again, and the eponychium looks dried out and raggy also:cry:

now im using solar oil and balm regularly, and i use my OPI nail envy and the avoplex to moisturise my hands too

should i be needing to remove cuticle this often?:confused:

ive got to admit, the eponychium looks so awful, i feel like taking the nipper to it, <<<<<runs while everyone shouts at me, :eek:

no i promise i wont actually do it, i just wanted to give you an idea how bad it is

does anyone else have to manicure that often?

thanks

Nicky x

Guys

just wanted some opinions, as you know, ive had awful trouble with my own nails over the last year due to allergies etc and they are once again just starting to look a bit better, but.. im finding that i can do a mani on a monday, and by friday nails look tatty and cuticle on nail plate again, and the eponychium looks dried out and raggy also:cry:

now im using solar oil and balm regularly, and i use my OPI nail envy and the avoplex to moisturise my hands too

should i be needing to remove cuticle this often?:confused:

ive got to admit, the eponychium looks so awful, i feel like taking the nipper to it, <<<<<runs while everyone shouts at me, :eek:

no i promise i wont actually do it, i just wanted to give you an idea how bad it is

does anyone else have to manicure that often?

thanks

Nicky x

If you use Solar Oil regularly, you will find that the eponychium will shrink back tight to the nail ... you can't use it too often.

Maybe stay away from the nail strengthener for awhile ... they can be very very drying.

Also regular use of Cuticle Eraser evey morning will keep the cuticle at bay. Cuticle Eraser is a lovely hydrating cream with AHA to remove cuticle build up. It works.

If you use Solar Oil regularly, you will find that the eponychium will shrink back tight to the nail ... you can't use it too often.

Maybe stay away from the nail strengthener for awhile ... they can be very very drying.

Also regular use of Cuticle Eraser evey morning will keep the cuticle at bay. Cuticle Eraser is a lovely hydrating cream with AHA to remove cuticle build up. It works.

ok gigi, thanks, will give the strengthener a miss for a bit and double up on my solar oil, hopefully that will do the trick

thanks

does anyone else need to remove cuticle this often, on themselves or a client? just wondered if im odd

(well i know im odd, what i meant was, well you know lol):lol:

does anyone else need to remove cuticle this often, on themselves or a client? just wondered if im odd

(well i know im odd, what i meant was, well you know lol):lol:

Blimey yeah!! I'm a biter, although much better now than I used to be, in fact I was sporting a full set of long natural nails just last week :green:, but all those years of abusing the skin round my nails with my teeth has caused all sorts of problems. Even using solar oil 3 times a day and cuticle eraser I still get hugely overgrown cuticle.

Latest posts

Back