How often should you replace acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amandalundbatch

Reaction score
If infills are done every 2 weeks, how many times can you infill before replacing completely? TIA

As long as lifting and compromised product is removed at rebalance then no need to remove. Some tech's insist their client have a soak off and new set every 2/3/4/whatever sets but that used to be because older products yellowed over time so you could see the changes in colour over time. With new product and formulations the colours are more stable so no discolouration. Some techs also use it as a money making exercise. You can charge more for removal and new set than rebalance/infill.

I very rarely remove and reapply, it's my thinking that it causes less damage on the natural nail to infill/rebalance as you're only prepping the new growth and where you've had to file any bits of lift off, rather than soak in acetone, remove, then prep the entire nail. I do a lot of acrylic design work so I always put down a layer of clear acrylic that I can file back to at each redesign and as it's clear I can see if there are any issues with the natural nail underneath.

Latest posts

Back