How old were you when you started in the nail/beauty industry?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how old were you when you took your first course?

• under 20

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • 21-25

Votes: 30 18.5%
  • 26-30

Votes: 24 14.8%
  • 31-35

Votes: 34 21.0%
  • 36-40

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • 40+

Votes: 19 11.7%

• Total voters
I went into it straight from school when I was 16 in 2001. Havent looked back, and have many fun years ahead yet with extra training. x

If I recall illegally at age 19 or 20. Around the year my youngest was born.
My sister paid for a day class at the local junior college.
I have never posted about the illegal years, it was so long ago.
I have no idea what product was used and sold in that class.
Legally, licensed cosmetologist age 24.

I started off by doing essentials nails home study course when i was 22, didnt like trying to go it alone so gave it up.

I
then decided i would like to try again so booked in to the Herts And Essex acadamy when i was 25, did work in the industry after this for a while but never felt properly trained and felt like a fraud, so stopped and went and got a "proper job"!!!

Then last year, it suddenly hit me that i love to "do nails", so decided to enrol again but this time proper training with a VTCT at the end of it, thought i had better move my a**e and do something with my life before i turned 30 a few weeks ago!

I too was worried that i would be the oldest on my course but to my surprise i am the second youngest, just wish i had done it sooner.

Sorry to waffle but couldn't decide which was the best age to put in :hug:

this is a real interesting thread! As I am now 30 and often feel a bit nervous about doing more courses as I dont want to be the oldest in the group! I am so pleased that there seems to be a mixture of ages!
I hope that lots of people my age will read this and realise that its not too late to go into something different.

great thread !! :)

Career change at 38 for me, woke up one day & thought.....

'What do i want to do with the rest of my life?'

My life begins shortly!

Champagne xx

God well I was 31 when i qualified to do nails but was 18 when I became a qualified hairdresser!! quite some time ago!!! lol :lol:

Thanks for all the relpies:). I am really surprised at the ages of everyone! a real mixture! It's great, a real inspiration, keep up all the great training Girlies!
x

I did my Comp Therapy training when I was 20, then started my Creative courses in 2006.:hug:

i'm 19 and a newbie to nails, started part-time courses in september and saving to do creative courses hopefully by end of year, and hoping to do beauty therapy part-time this september... so many courses!!!

I was 37 when I decided to train to make nails my career, it was when my youngest started school and I saw it as an opportunity to change direction totally.

I was 19 when I started. I worked in an office for a year after doing my a-levels but I couldn't see myself doing that forever so went back to college and did my CIBTAC course. I was thinking today how lucky I am to have found a job that I love. All day long we make people feel better about themselves ~ how lucky we are!! xx

i was 19 i took a year after school to do something to do with office skills my dad wanted me to do and after a year i quite and started my level 2 as this is what i wanted he surported me and now is proud!!:)

I started on my journey with nails when i was 31 and finished my main course with Star Nails on my 32nd birthday. I ams till doing training and will continue to do so.

I just lurve nails!!

I'm 51 and just started taking baby steps in my nail journey, Im looking forward to every day of learning.

i was 35 when i started at college,wish i had done it sooner though :irked:

I was sweet 16 when I first started with my city & guilds hair and beauty way back in 87, I am still taking courses now and I am 37, we never stop learning:hug:

and I love to learn more more more:lol:

I was 19 . 1 year after I became a hair stylist.

hi i was 27 when i started my level 2 beauty and i am now 39 and still doing one course after another but i must say i was 20 when i did my first ever collage course but it was not in hair or beauty so dont spose that counts realy.

Latest posts

Back