How painful is a Hollywood?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all depends on who's doing it. Well there's no such thing as a pain free Hollywood but if done with hot wax and by a good waxer, it'll be over before you know it.

Kim, what is hot wax as opposed to strip wax? And what is best for a hollywood?

Here's proof that with a good waxer, it doesn't have to be an awful experience. I got this email yesterday………maybe she'll come back on and comment on this thread:-

Hi there , I had a wax in Australia , the best I've ever had , apparently it was the technique you use! anyway , long story short , the guys at salon geek recommend I get in touch with you as I'm unsure of who to go to in my area , if you have any recommendations for a waxer that uses your technique in the Wigan area it would be much appreciated !
Regards
Katie

Sent from my iPhone

Kim, what is hot wax as opposed to strip wax? And what is best for a hollywood?
Hot wax is pulled off with your hands and strip wax is pulled off with a strip.

Technically, the wax that I use, Perron Rigot Euroblonde, is not hot wax, it's known as strip-less wax. However, it's all too confusing for the public, so I call it hot wax.

I will try and find someone who does hot wax as it was very painful. Hopefully next time it won't be as sore.

It's still really really sore now and really uncomfortable but it's my first wax so I knew it would be.

Pain is beauty haha x

I'm the emailer!! And seriously, THE best wax ever ! I left Australia over a year ago now and no wax has compared , I'm not saying the wax was painless , but as Kim says , it was over and done with pretty quickly and I was hairless and smoother than ever !! Hot wax is the way forward for a bikini line , she got every hair !!! X

Nails I don't think you should still be sore!!! :)
And I don't think you would be with a hot or as Kim rightly said - stripless wax :)

Yes it will hurt when it's done, but then it should settle quickly - the other way round from a shave lol - painless at first and then several days of discomfort and spots! lol

Nails I don't think you should still be sore!!! :)
And I don't think you would be with a hot or as Kim rightly said - stripless wax :)

Yes it will hurt when it's done, but then it should settle quickly - the other way round from a shave lol - painless at first and then several days of discomfort and spots! lol

It is really sore, feels like someone has been stamping on my bits all night. Just had a proper look as it was really bad yesterday and there is hair still in places down there so I'm not happy. I wasn't bothered about the few ones on top as I said I would remove them but it hasn't been done very well.

Will let it go down for a few days.

Hot wax is pulled off with your hands and strip wax is pulled off with a strip.

Technically, the wax that I use, Perron Rigot Euroblonde, is not hot wax, it's known as strip-less wax. However, it's all too confusing for the public, so I call it hot wax.

Hi Kim. Can you pm me any therapists that you've trained and use the hot wax for Brazilian in or near Liverpool please? X

It is really sore, feels like someone has been stamping on my bits all night. Just had a proper look as it was really bad yesterday and there is hair still in places down there so I'm not happy. I wasn't bothered about the few ones on top as I said I would remove them but it hasn't been done very well.

Will let it go down for a few days.

Wobble out and get some bepanthen :) - you might have some grazes down there and bepanthen will help (It's what you put on tattoos when they are fresh to help them heal without scarring) :)

At least you know who not to go to from now on! LOL

Hi Kim. Can you pm me any therapists that you've trained and use the hot wax for Brazilian in or near Liverpool please? X
I file them by name and not area but I hope to do something about that this year (sorry).

Google my name and the area that you want and see if anyone has mentioned on their website that they trained with me. I just did 'Kim Lawless Liverpool' and three came up, so have a look to see where they are.x

I have to say..poor you..xxxx!

I trained with Kim and I have to be honest, most of my clients have forgotton the 'pain' of being waxed by the time they're getting their knickers back on!!! Hot wax is definately the way to go....my daughter came round to have her legs done and then wanted her armpits done. As the hot wax wasnt on, I did her armpits with PR strip wax. She said NEVER AGAIN!! and would rather go without than not have hot wax on her 'pits'!!
Just a comparison between the experience with the 2 waxes, so if you've had an intimate wax with strip wax please try one with hot wax..its very different....xx

Hot wax is SO much less painful!! It's unbelievable! I've had so many bad waxes I even have some scarring!!! Ouch! But all the bad experiences have been with strip wax and it's so painful! Hot wax all the way! Xxx

I file them by name and not area but I hope to do something about that this year (sorry).

Google my name and the area that you want and see if anyone has mentioned on their website that they trained with me. I just did 'Kim Lawless Liverpool' and three came up, so have a look to see where they are.x

Thanks Kim, I tried that as I seen it on another thread but none near me, just found one now called Prestige, I'll contact her tomorrow x

Aw bless you. The first wax is always the worst but it does get easier.
I prefer to use non-strip wax as I find it's much gentler on the skin.
Having said that, there are very experienced waxers out there who use strip wax very successfully.
A lot does depend on the expertise of the therapist.
As for techniques, well there's only so many ways you can wax. I always say there's a right way and a wrong way!
The best thing to do is to get recommendations from people for salons near you.

Well it's been 2 days now and the soreness has gone a little but I'm covered in White and red spots. How do I get rid of these they are horrible.

Just seem to get more and more everytime I look lol.

I have called the waxer but she hasn't answered so I can't get any advice from her.

X

Have you got any sort of antibacterial lotion like tea tree cream? Or if you have an afterwax lotion that would be good. Or aloe Vera. It's common to get them so don't worry there x

Quick questions is the a cream to numb the pain? I remember years ago hearing of one called 'no scream cream' but haven't seen it in a while.

[QUOTE=Nails I have had this so many times, especially with strip wax I have been left with bruises, chunks out of my skin! I have sensitive skin and I know now I will only ever use hot wax!
Try and get some aloe Vera gel it really helps and cools the area, and please don't get put it off forever when you get braver try an experienced therapist that uses non strip wax, as I say I've had some awful experience but four a girl that uses non strip wax and trained with Kim and I know it sounds dramatic but it's literally made my life a million times easier! Xxx

Well it's been 2 days now and the soreness has gone a little but I'm covered in White and red spots. How do I get rid of these they are horrible.

Just seem to get more and more everytime I look lol.

I have called the waxer but she hasn't answered so I can't get any advice from her.

X
Try nappy rash cream for the white spots.

Nails I have had this so many times said:
Thank you. I have some aloe Vera gel that I will put it's just looks hideous that's all lol.

I will definatley find someone who uses hot wax next time. Hopefully it will be better then.

I wanted to do my tan but will leave it a few more days to calm down and then do it.

I think it's because obviously I've never had a Hollywood done before so I didn't know what to expect.

I will have to do more research next time I want something new doing. I didn't know there was different types of wax so now I know,I know what to look for.

Thank you all for your advice and help,it's been great :) x x

Latest posts

Back