How painful is a Hollywood?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhe

Reaction score
I didnt know if i should have poasted this here or on general chat, so i apologize if its in the wrong place.
Basically its in the title, ive just been to my beauty therapist we were talking about this and i think im gonna be brave and try it, i have my legs waxed and underarms, how much more painfull is it? She uses hot wax if thats any help? I really want to try it but im so scared! Thanks to anyone who replies x

I have mine done. Ok it hurts a little but nothing major! X

like how much worse than underarms would you say lol? i think im just gonna go for it, so scared! x

Its really not that bad, a good confident therapist will make sure that its done with minimal discomfort. I think the pain for me is about the same as armpits, but done properly its over so quick :) have it done you'll love it. xx

I'm not gonna lie - you're taking deep-seated hair out at the roots so it's never going to be completely pain-free... but it's not as bad as most people imagine and the benefits far outweigh the mild discomfort!

I'd rather a million hollywoods than my ankles :o

aww thanks for your replies! i think im gonna just be brave.. i hope i dont feel to embarased haha, anyone heared of using numbing cream?x

i think as said above a little bit of pain for 15 - 30mins for weeks hair free!! the benefits out way the pain!

I've always had my arms, underarms, legs done, so a braz was a natural step. Waxing doesn't bother me, never has and now I do my own. As for a braz, the first was excruciating, the second was painful, the third was fine. However, Amelia is right: the benefits far outweight any pain.

I had mine done by the lovely Adele, as long as its not strip wax it's really not that bad IMHO

Only you can answer that once youve tried it Hun. You will find some clients hardly flinch but then scream at a leg wax.
Take a few paracetamol before hand. It can help to take the edge off. Also it's not a good idea to do it near to your period as you will probably hit the roof. Good luck, you'll be fine xx

Ohhh I would so love this doing too. But Im a little scared. Let us know how you get on and a pain score of 1 to 10 please.

How does one find a good therapist for this service? I'm not afraid of the pain, just the embarassment... :o:

Thank you all for replying :)
Its something ive been considoring for ages as i hate shaving, and when i had my eyebrow&underarm wax today me and my therapist just got talking about it and she talked me through it and said she uses different wax for different bits and just made it not sound like a big deal, so i dont think i would be too embarresed with her.
Think im gonna get a couple more weeks growth and just do it! x

How does one find a good therapist for this service? I'm not afraid of the pain, just the embarassment... :o:

I would tend to go with good reccomendations. Or find out a good trainer in your area and either someone who was trained by her or herself! I hear Lori Nestore is big is in US although I don't know if she trains. She's like our Kim Lawless. X

I have mine done. Ok it hurts a little but nothing major! X

hnmph you think thats bad...you should try a back sac nd crack missus
:eek::biggrin::biggrin::hug:

The things us guy's go through for you ladies :lol::lol::lol::lol:

hnmph you think thats bad...you should try a back sac nd crack missus
:eek::biggrin::biggrin::hug:

The things us guy's go through for you ladies :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And we :Love: you for it! :hug:

Is a Hollywood everything off? And a Brazilian leaves a strip? How long do you have to grow the hair for to have it the best length for waxing? I've only ever had my bikini line waxed and that was painful enough! But I really want more done.... *scared*!!

Asking about the pain is like asking how long’s a piece of string! It depends on how sensitive you are, your pain threshold… etc.

Personally I think it’s not exactly fun having a wax but I don’t think it’s that bad! Although having said that, some months it's worse than others.

I have them every 4 weeks.

I just wonderd if it was much worse than an underarm wax, but yeah i guess everyone is different.
And yeah i beleive hollywood is all off and brazilian leaves a strip (i think!) x

Latest posts

Back