How sad is this??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's fabulous! It's probably because you're a CND Ambassador. My husband watches me apply Shellac to my nails every week and still doesn't know what's doing on.

All I ever hear is, "My wife is a nail tech and look at the condition of my nails." LOL

Actually gr8nailz, I think you're right... Hubby has sat in my classes a couple of times... I think if i gave him a couple bottles of Shellac, he could possibly use it and use it CORRECTLY...!! Hahaha...

I do, however, find it rather annoying that he goes round the house saying 'no buffing of the nail' now and again out of the blue.........

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek

It's so heart warming to hear from both the OP and others that supportive and interested partners do exist! Fair play, well done and Yay! for those :)

I'm stuck with someone who tells people I'm a beautician who does makeup and nails :(

I'm a Beauty Therapist, Massage Therapist and a Nail tech. I didn't even do makeup!

LOL!!! Same here!
I didn't realise how interested and supportive partners could be! How lovely :)
Slightly envious right now!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're freakin' awesome!

I put clear Shellac on my husband's nails and when someone asks about it all he can manage is "It's some special polish where you stick your hand in a lamp." LOL

Sadly for us I don't think this will ever change!
I've spent a good couple of hours before babbling on about beauty stuff, how stuff works. Nothing. He doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about. But I can tell you the workings of a car - I think I know more what's under the bonnet than what's on my dashboard...
And after that rant:
Peter you are amazing! You have a lucky lady there ;) x

I too have a supportive husband, every time he goes out somewhere he checks out ladies nails and asks them who does them and tells them that I am a nail tech, asks them if they've heard of Shellac, tells them all about it and sells me!! Lol! Now if he could only remember to take my business cards with them I'd be set :rolleyes:

You're freakin' awesome!

I put clear Shellac on my husband's nails and when someone asks about it all he can manage is "It's some special polish where you stick your hand in a lamp." LOL

Hahahaaa!! I love this. I did my fellas toes clear, with a french on one foot. He loved it hahaha - dont ask him what it was though - his reply would be something along the lines of your hubbys- "you put it on and stick it under one of them light things"

Lol! He does plug my business to his colleagues for their wives etc....says im the best nail technician around town - he is biased but so he should be ;-)

My partneris really supportive too. When i qualified in June he spent a a small fortune on kit for me. 4 weeks ago he had my car sign written for me. He helps me deliver leaflets, & he too knows all about shellac, although he doesn't know the colours yet lol. I couldnt have set up my mobile business without his support.:hug:

My hubby is hopefully going to shellac or gelish my nails later in the week. Im still trying to pursuade him but reckon he will. He does perfect minx toes. I so want him to go on a manicure and pedicure course but he is being a bit resistant. My idea is he can do all the minxing (which I hate doing and am not very good at) and also do the gelish/shellac removal.

Ha will get my wicked way in the end.....

xx

Did you not know, Peter D, that every GREAT nail tech has a wonderful supportive husband? We couldn't,t do what we do without you and your kind! MWAH

Absolutely, my hubby thinks I am slightly crazy and obsessed but he is superbly supportive, Geeg, he even knows who you are and calls you "the Simon cowell" of the nail world...:lol:

Such a fab little story! x

Im lucky too that my husband is very supportive (if a little board by my constant nail chatting! lol). He has learnt loads off me and even compliments ladies in the supermarket on their nails!! He said he stumped a cashier last week in Tesco by remarking how nice her nails were! And whilst at his works do on Saturday he was even talking to his collegues wives (and thir husbands!!) about nails and now I have a couple and a teenage party already lined up for the new year!

My 7 yr old son even went into school advertising his nicely manicured nails to all his friends. Havnt had any requests from them yet though :D

You're freakin' awesome!

Clear??? I did BLACK POOL on my husband just over 10 weeks ago. He had a massive wobble on day one but then just got used to it. He wouldn't let me take if off and now only has the pinkies on, but they are still on...half way down his nail now mind.

Great to hear about all the supportive husband etc out there :cool:

...and Peter, you are a legend sweetie :lol::lol::lol:

Oh Lawdy!

If I tried to polished even just one of my husband's nails in Black Pool, he'd make politcally incorrect statements about fairies.

my husband is the same he know way too much about nails that a 6ft 1 inch 18 stone man should know lol

Oh Lawdy!

If I tried to polished even just one of my husband's nails in Black Pool, he'd make politcally incorrect statements about fairies.

Ha ha ha...I buffed 9 of them so that they looked more goth and masculine, but even I kept looking at them, so I don't know what other people thought :eek: :biggrin:

Oh how I love this thread! So nice to see your OH's are so supportive!

Mine is another fabulous guy. So much so that at an open evening I held recently he was milling round & chatting to my clients about my products & services with such knowledge & conviction they thought he was a company rep! Ha ha!

I had no idea he actually listens to my waffles! :)

I wish my OH was as knowledgeable as yours. He knows I do Shellac but can't tell you what it's about or colours or anything.

He is very supportive in that he helped me to sort out my salon and pays for my courses but that's about it. All I get it "blah, blah, nails, blah blah" lol

Oh how I love this thread! So nice to see your OH's are so supportive!

Mine is another fabulous guy. So much so that at an open evening I held recently he was milling round & chatting to my clients about my products & services with such knowledge & conviction they thought he was a company rep! Ha ha!

I had no idea he actually listens to my waffles! :)

Hello Lucy, how are you? Well I briefly met you husband when I did my training last month and he is lovely...you can tell the ones who are supportive a mile off :biggrin:

Cheers
Michelle

Have to share this with you:

Picture the scene, I am at work earlier today, nothing to do with beauty, a million miles away. Sitting there doing some work before going out for the afternoon when our "Big Boss" walks in, a lovely Geordie lady, with a tin of sweets for us all. She says" I just have to show you my Christmas nails" She then put her hand forward and I took one look and said "Shellac!" to which she replied, "how did you know that??" I said "my wife runs her own beauty business" I then said to her "let's have a look?" so I did and said "those are Red Baroness", her mouth nearly hit the floor and she said "How on earth do you know that?"

I then told her to look at a female colleagues nails (the picture of them are on the Rockstar group) as those were ones Jackie had done on Friday Rockstar and Minx, she took one look and said she wanted those. Her nails were not particularly good andshe didn't get any aftercare, solar oil or any other CND products she could see. And after all that she only lives a short drive from us so she now has a leaflet and has already rung up and booked in for nails and other treatments in the New Year.

I have to say I took a bit of stick for knowing the product and the colour!! :eek:

Brilliant! my boyfriend does this all the time. i think its fantastic x

Created a bit of a monster here!! :lol:

I have to say if Jackie, or anyone come to that, came anywhere near me and tried to put any form of nail polish on me, clear or not, it would NEVER happen!! :eek:

When all the training was going on for massage, Indian Head, facials etc I was a guinea pig, but I would never get that now, unless I booked in and paid!!!! I have been used! :p

I do get a pedicure before we go on holiday but that's only because she would be so ashamed of my feet and toe nails if it wasn't done!

I have just got in from work and been summoned to the salon to choose what colour rockstar for the client as she can't decide!! :lol:

Oh and if I ever want to wind her up, all I have to do is call her a bootician, she hates it!! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back