How sad is this??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter D

Reaction score
Have to share this with you:

Picture the scene, I am at work earlier today, nothing to do with beauty, a million miles away. Sitting there doing some work before going out for the afternoon when our "Big Boss" walks in, a lovely Geordie lady, with a tin of sweets for us all. She says" I just have to show you my Christmas nails" She then put her hand forward and I took one look and said "Shellac!" to which she replied, "how did you know that??" I said "my wife runs her own beauty business" I then said to her "let's have a look?" so I did and said "those are Red Baroness", her mouth nearly hit the floor and she said "How on earth do you know that?"

I then told her to look at a female colleagues nails (the picture of them are on the Rockstar group) as those were ones Jackie had done on Friday Rockstar and Minx, she took one look and said she wanted those. Her nails were not particularly good andshe didn't get any aftercare, solar oil or any other CND products she could see. And after all that she only lives a short drive from us so she now has a leaflet and has already rung up and booked in for nails and other treatments in the New Year.

I have to say I took a bit of stick for knowing the product and the colour!! :eek:

Well done! That's brilliant. It must be nice to have a supportive partner/husband. My hbby is warming towards nails slowly :) :Grope:

Did you not know, Peter D, that every GREAT nail tech has a wonderful supportive husband? We couldn't,t do what we do without you and your kind! MWAH

Oh how lovely!

That is a nice wee story :)

I'm waiting for the invite to write your biography Geeg!! Obviously being allowed Creative (no pun intended) licence!! :wink2: :biggrin:

Brilliant...... My other half is in the police and he plugs my services at every opportunity with his female colleagues and his male ones for the wives and girlfriends , bloomin love him. Now I don't think he would be able to identify colours but he absolutely knows my products and the quality of my service.

I absolutely would not be here without him , so mr man I second geeg we need you and love you for your support keep up the good work 😉

Claire....... it must be something to do with the job then!!

Aw Peter, I had the pleasure of meeting you a couple of months ago when you brought Jackie (one of my star pupils) to her minx training, Nice to see that you have joined geek also.
I think its fantastic that you are taking an intrest in Jackies work I know that she will have all the support she needs from you.
Hopefully will get to see you again in the new year maybe.
And it's not sad
Jen xx

Aw Peter, I met you a couple of months ago when you brought Jackie to her minx training, Nice to see that you have joined geek also.
I think its fantastic that you are taking an intrest in Jackies work I know that she will have all the support she needs from you.
Hopefully will get to see you again in the new year maybe.
And it's not sad
Jen xx

"maybe" I think that is an understatement, I think she is intending on seeing you a LOT next year, you have a big job on your hands, I am sure I will be up there on the odd occasion.

To be honest, I love it. I really enjoy the business side of it and by doing that it akes the pressure off Jackie having to do it. I have always supported her and believe in her ability and talent fully. She has her ambitions and goals and I am behind her 100% and I know she will get where she wants to be.

I have less than 3 years before I retire from my job and I may well be looking at S2 for a job by then!! :wink2: That's after I've written Geeg's biography, obviously!! :lol:

"maybe" I think that is an understatement, I think she is intending on seeing you a LOT next year, you have a big job on your hands, I am sure I will be up there on the odd occasion.

To be honest, I love it. I really enjoy the business side of it and by doing that it akes the pressure off Jackie having to do it. I have always supported her and believe in her ability and talent fully. She has her ambitions and goals and I am behind her 100% and I know she will get where she wants to be.

I have less than 3 years before I retire from my job and I may well be looking at S2 for a job by then!! :wink2: That's after I've written Geeg's biography, obviously!! :lol:
Oh I know, we have had words :lol: and I am so ready to take her on her journey, like I said she is one of my star pupils. A pleasure to teach.
I love that you are 110% behind her and I know that she will achieve great things especially with you supporting her.
Jen xx

I know, and she appreciates it, she is more than ready for that journey.

Awww that's so lovely to read Peter :)

Did you not know, Peter D, that every GREAT nail tech has a wonderful supportive husband? We couldn't,t do what we do without you and your kind! MWAH

Aah that's so nice. I am one of those lucky girls that has a supportive partner too. For Xmas he has bought me a brand new website. All done by a pro web designer and all ready to go. Also some professional business cards. See there are some perfect men out there :) x

Aah that's so nice. I am one of those lucky girls that has a supportive partner too. For Xmas he has bought me a brand new website. All done by a pro web designer and all ready to go. Also some professional business cards. See there are some perfect men out there :) x

We just want you to earn a fortune so we can retire and be kept men!! :lol:

Now fantastic lovely story you are a fantastic husband.

I must say my fiancé is brill he has given up his job so I can peruse my goal he drives me to my appointments as I don't drive and looks after our daughter and dog so I can go and work he's ace :biggrin:

We just want you to earn a fortune so we can retire and be kept men!! :lol:

That's what my husband says...........
He's only helping and supporting me so that he can quit his job and never have to work again......

I knew there was a catch somewhere.....

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek

Have to share this with you:

Picture the scene, I am at work earlier today, nothing to do with beauty, a million miles away. Sitting there doing some work before going out for the afternoon when our "Big Boss" walks in, a lovely Geordie lady, with a tin of sweets for us all. She says" I just have to show you my Christmas nails" She then put her hand forward and I took one look and said "Shellac!" to which she replied, "how did you know that??" I said "my wife runs her own beauty business" I then said to her "let's have a look?" so I did and said "those are Red Baroness", her mouth nearly hit the floor and she said "How on earth do you know that?"

I then told her to look at a female colleagues nails (the picture of them are on the Rockstar group) as those were ones Jackie had done on Friday Rockstar and Minx, she took one look and said she wanted those. Her nails were not particularly good andshe didn't get any aftercare, solar oil or any other CND products she could see. And after all that she only lives a short drive from us so she now has a leaflet and has already rung up and booked in for nails and other treatments in the New Year.

I have to say I took a bit of stick for knowing the product and the colour!! :eek:

You're freakin' awesome!

I put clear Shellac on my husband's nails and when someone asks about it all he can manage is "It's some special polish where you stick your hand in a lamp." LOL

By the way, my husband also knows the difference between wildfire and red baroness.... Shellac is not a gel... Shellac must be wrapped off and not soaked off... And the most important - NO buffing of the nail.....!!

Scary......

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek

I think that's fabulous! It's probably because you're a CND Ambassador. My husband watches me apply Shellac to my nails every week and still doesn't know what's doing on.

All I ever hear is, "My wife is a nail tech and look at the condition of my nails." LOL

It's so heart warming to hear from both the OP and others that supportive and interested partners do exist! Fair play, well done and Yay! for those :)

I'm stuck with someone who tells people I'm a beautician who does makeup and nails :(

I'm a Beauty Therapist, Massage Therapist and a Nail tech. I didn't even do makeup!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back