How seriously do you take hygiene?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fanatcial about hygiene and practise aseptic techniques when doing permanent make up and I carry this over into my waxing. I also have my Hep B jabs.

I always say that the dirtiest thing in the room is the client............after all, they've just come in off the street. So a good way to work is to think about protecting yourself and then you can't go wrong.

if only they would have seen things like that .........

Couldn't agree more Nigel, I am an absolute stickler for hygiene. My clients love that I use the Footsie Bath and so have a new liner per client ... and of course I wipe around the bath with a Mundo wipe lol! I disinfect all my tools. I always make a point of washing my hands before any new beauty client, and I always use a hand sanitiser at the start of a nail treatment.

I am even more conscious of this now when a client who is a nurse said to me that she was pleased to see that I took my hygiene so seriously as MRSI is so prevalent today and explained how easy it is for us to catch and that so many of us are carriers without even knowing it. Made me sit up and think i can tell you! It may seem a little OTT, but I'd rather that than the unthinkable ... if there is a risk, even minimal then it's best to be thorough.

I totally agree with you hun! I am fnatical about hygeine. I use Mundo in my salon. I had a nurse recently in who told me that my salon is cleaner than Barnsley Hospitsl. I don't know how true it is because I've never been in, but I was just really chuffed with the comment!!

Well ive actually added a good cause for my karma by doing that...i have probably made a change for many other people who would have visited that place...u dont just let them be if they r causing harm to other people...i found it was my responsability to say something about it...u cant just let wrong things go on forever because then u are part of them just by closing your eyes and pretend u havent seen anything....

xxxxxxxx

I agree with you, I don't agree with the other person who told you to keep Karma in mind. I think you were great in reporting the place.

I'm in a kind of similar situation. I am a pro nail tech and own a salon, but I also work as a radio presenter for the Lincs FM group and also as a singer in WMC's. Last night, I was in a club and they were allowing people to smoke. At first, I hadn't realised they were allowing it, so when I saw someone smoking, I told the barman. It was only at the end of the night I realised the club were letting people smoke indoors. I am now wondering whether to report it because it isn't fair for people like me who have to work in that environment when I don't smoke.

xx

I agree with you, I don't agree with the other person who told you to keep Karma in mind. I think you were great in reporting the place.

I'm in a kind of similar situation. I am a pro nail tech and own a salon, but I also work as a radio presenter for the Lincs FM group and also as a singer in WMC's. Last night, I was in a club and they were allowing people to smoke. At first, I hadn't realised they were allowing it, so when I saw someone smoking, I told the barman. It was only at the end of the night I realised the club were letting people smoke indoors. I am now wondering whether to report it because it isn't fair for people like me who have to work in that environment when I don't smoke.

xx

definatelly go for it...

I hold my hand up and admit I'm a bit of a slob AT HOME! I hate housework, turn a blind eye to dust, only realised recently that the skirting boards were supposed to be white! (get the picture!)

But, at work, I am clean. I wash my hands all the time, everything (I hope is pristine).

hygiene is a great start, but whats the point of being hygienic , when the nails will look like crap ?

People actually pass their exams on "hygiene" points, when really it's about nails.

By all means be clean, but at least learn to do decent nails somewhere along the line.

hygiene is a great start, but whats the point of being hygienic , when the nails will look like crap ?

People actually pass their exams on "hygiene" points, when really it's about nails.

By all means be clean, but at least learn to do decent nails somewhere along the line.

I'm sure you can have the best of both worlds, can't you?

I'm 3 months from my salon opening, and hygiene is tops in my books. The nails are great, so I wouldn't say it had to be one way or the other.

It is possible to do a great set of nails, with high standards of sanitation, AND be cost effective while doing so.

Just my two cents.

Well im very new so my imput might not be useful.

But dont the two go hand in hand? Salon hygiene & a good set of nails.....

Hygiene is very important to me and my few clients.

Oh I so know what ye are on about,
Just last week I went into a nail salon were I live , had heard to much about what the girls there could do of course I was soooooooooooooo curious I made an appointment to have a set done. To my surprise the hygiene standard lets just say there was none. From the moment I sat down one nail wipe was used no sanitizer implements were not disinfected and she had cut me during filing and when she was down put the file back for further use on the next client. I was nearly sick. If thats what happens in front of you when you have your nails done what happens behind our backs. The person is making a fortune and to be honest does great nails and her nail art is out of this world. But reality said No No No. I am very new to nails Ive just received my diploma and passed with merit I was thought that hygiene is a must. I'm glad the girl is doing well in her business its what we all want for ourself s but come on we are thought these things for a reason.
Am I on my own with this thought

hygiene is a MUST for any human skin contact job whether in the nail\beauty industry and hospital...therefor i take this very seriously ..

Latest posts

Back