How should I complain? Hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any update? Xx

Still waiting for a reply from the salon was told I would hear from them this week but as yet nothing. I called a short while ago and was told that the lady I needed to speak to was busy so left my number again and waiting for her to return my call.

Hi All
After still not hearing from the salon I called them again today the lady I needed to speak to answered the phone but asked if she could call me back.
She did call back and I could not get a word in edge ways she seemed to have an answer for everything regardless how silly it sounded as when I told her people had offered to do my daughters hair for free her answer was yes of course they will do that because they are jelous. After listening to her waffle for around 20 mins I just said I would get back to her once I had spoken to my daughter.
It seems the only thing she is willing to do is put a weave in free of charge for the fitting but my daughter needs to buy the hair from them.
I have never complained or tried to get money back before but I want to take this further or at least help my daughter to as I really don't think what they are doing is right.
Can anyone suggest what the next steps should be.
I have heard a few more stories from the same salon and it seems my daughter was pretty lucky as it seems one girl had a weave fitted wasnt happy so went back in the stylist blended the weave hair but it turned out she had cut the girls natural hair as she had to have the weave removeed as her scalp all blistered and it wasnt until then she realised it was her hair that had been cut off.
My daughters friend works there and apparently they have threatened her if things go any further she is going to get the blame as she knows my daughter I don't want this girl to get into trouble as she had nothing to do with the hair extensions my daughter had but I am not willing to let this go.
As I said I have never had to do this before so I don't really know what to do next would appreciate any help.
Thanks

The first thing you need to do is take photo's. You need to go straight back to the salon with your daughter and insist that they rectify the problems they have created. If applied correctly then this method should be fine, yes there will be more shedding than other methods but it sounds like the application wasn't that great to begin with. If they are bothered about their reputation then they won't want you standing in the salon complaining in front of other clients. I'm sure if you stand your ground and insist they sort things out otherwise you will take things further they will agree to rectify the situation.

DON'T GO BACK!

Seriously, they sound dreadful. They have had ample opportunity to rectify the situation.

Take some more photo's as evidence and go somewhere reputable to have the extensions properly removed.

Get your daughter to write a letter to the salon documenting what has happened and requesting a full refund plus an additional amount to compensate her for all the damage they have caused. Put a total amount in words so that this is unambiguous.

In the letter give them seven days to reply and tell them that she will take further action in the County Court if they do not comply.

Also, when she has them removed, ask the new Salon for confirmation of the damage caused.

Finally, issue a summons in the County Court, if necessary. Your local Citizens Advice can help with this.

Latest posts

Back