How should I put this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellis walker

Reaction score
Last night I had the client from hell

It was an intro offer at £18 for a full set (I should have thought about what kind of client this might attract) because 5 weeks out of training and wanted my price to reflect my experience. It's all over my Facebook page too so there was no mistaking this.

During the app, the client; swivelled in her chair, scrolled through Instagram, pulled her hands to look at them, answered the phone several times and made outbound calls, bounced her legs up and down, constantly checked her watch, asked how long i was going to be (I only took 1HR 45 all in all) and generally did not sit still. I had to ask her to sit straight in her chair please at least 4 times. This made the work harder and pushed my time up - stressing me out.
She also compared my business logo to phone cases off ebay - but that's another story.
I felt so uncomfortable and made a point of saying this to my partner as soon as I was home.

However, I was really pleased by the end of the set and was about to post them on my page when I got the message of complaint. :(

I asked her if these nails were ok in length and shape 500 times and only she did advise once if I could file slightly more on one nail - I did.

She has picked apart everything. The shape, the ombre, the "bulk" which I'm assuming she means apex as she has sent a picture. I offered her to visit to the salon & to make space for her to fix them however she said she had already booked elsewhere. I then offered her next set of gels free.

She ignored.

She has come back today saying that she has had to pay £28 to get them "corrected" and its nice that I've offered a set but she wants money. What to say?

Do I just give her the £18 and hope she goes away or stand my ground as it was a training app advertised at a training price? What's your experience?

I will attach picture

Photo attached

Attachments

• 0BFDF19A-7447-4FEB-941E-34B67A6332E3.jpeg
    0BFDF19A-7447-4FEB-941E-34B67A6332E3.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 265
I wouldn’t give her your money back as you have still had to spend your time and using your products for this client. Offering to fix them as well as offering to redo them free of charge is more than reasonable. Some people do try there luck but if you just be nice and stay professional and say your sorry she is unhappy with her nails but unfortunately you don’t offer refunds but will be happy to do her nails free of charge/ give a voucher for x amount for a gesture of good will (maybe she can use this for another treatment with you if you do other treatments) This way you get her to give you another chance and change her opinion.

I think you've done enough......:cool:
Lesson learned....case closed.

Beware the 'bargain hunter'.......they will ALWAYS want more. :p

Is simply apologise once again, and say that your sorry that she didn’t want to give you chance to fix/redo them, you made every bit of effort during the appointment to make sure they were okay. I wouldn’t give her anything else, I’d then ignore any further demands for money (and block her if necessary)

Yes thank you everyone, advice has been taken on board.

You offered to fix it, it was her choice to go elsewhere. She may have felt uncomfortable at the time to say something if she wasn't happy but to be honest she is probably just trying to take advantage of your inexperience to get her money back. I think you said everything you should have so it's her choice to go elsewhere :)

Her money covered your expenses and your time. It was a discounted price for a trainee service which she was aware of. A trainee service will not be perfect, otherwise she would be paying full price. I think offering her a correction or a new set was perfectly fair.

Don't get into the habit of refunding if you can help it. Also, although a picture is handy you really want the client to come and show you in person what is wrong with the treatment if possible.

Just simply say, I'm sorry I don't offer refunds but if you would still like the credit towards a set in the next 3 months I can give you a voucher.

I agree with all of the above but I also wanted to add that for £18 I would have been well chuffed with those nails. Don't let this complaint affect your confidence. She sounds like a bloody nightmare. Draw a line and move on. I wouldn't offer her any refund and not would I offer her any future treatments both discounted or otherwise. you don't need this type of client on your books x

This is where it's a great idea to have your policies written down and ensure every client is aware of them before you start your service. I have mine written up on wall behind me, in large enough writing that all my clients can read it from their seat and look over my head.
I also have it written on my aftercare leaflets, so they can remind themselves of my policies when they leave and read the aftercare leaflet again (hopefully).
But to answer your question, you have done more than enough, especially if you advertised training prices, this lady is just after a free set, don't fall for it.
Remind her of your offer to fix etc and if she does not accept, then nicely tell her there is nothing more that you can do to help her.
Don't let this rock your boat, the nails in the pic are well worth that price.

I wouldn’t give her your money back as you have still had to spend your time and using your products for this client. Offering to fix them as well as offering to redo them free of charge is more than reasonable. Some people do try there luck but if you just be nice and stay professional and say your sorry she is unhappy with her nails but unfortunately you don’t offer refunds but will be happy to do her nails free of charge/ give a voucher for x amount for a gesture of good will (maybe she can use this for another treatment with you if you do other treatments) This way you get her to give you another chance and change her opinion.
I agree 100%

Latest posts

Back