How slow are your slow weeks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerinse

Reaction score
My new salon has been open 9 weeks and so far my slowest week had still covered my months rent! Which is under £250 Should I be screaming with excitement or crying? Lol

Hey Bluerinse.
Were you mobile or in another salon employed before hand?
Are you in a busy area,and what is your tarriff?
Your rent sounds extremly cheap,wish ours was!
Do you have to pay rates/water/gas etc on top?
x

Renting a chair for 3 months and employed b4 for 6 months, quite a busy road everyone that comes in says they quickly scribble down the salon number while waiting at traffic lights, I only pay water and electric on top of £40 each a month!

sounds like u doin very well! at least u arent like the salon i was in...u were lucky if u got 3 in a day but they still expected you to reach ur targets,,im amazed they still open! its exactly the same as when i was there! you walk past and theres no one in but staff, i do get enquiries from midlands area where ru? I could send a few your way if u want,always happy to help:wink2:
Its different when its ur own i suppose,we were in a large shopping mall and were always going out with flyers/offers etc..think we were too expensive and other shops in the chain carried our losses..u can do that when its a large chain, i would much rather go to have my hair cut in a small shop where u get to know the people instead of it bein a diff hairdresser everytime u walk in! xx

Yes the salon is in west midlands, Dudley area, thats great if uou could! think I know the chain your talking about! ;)

Blue i think if you can cover your rent in 1 week then you're doing really good

wow, your rent is fabulous! I guess I have London tax on mine! ;-)

When I was opening my salon my bank manager told me:
Year 1 you carry the business
Year 2 the business Carry's its self
Year 3 the business Carry's you

So if after 9 weeks the business is carrying itself I think you should give yourself a big pat on the back
Well done
xx

Well

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335296038.413788.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335296038.413788.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 241
Not a hairdressers im a mobile nail tech but just wanted to say well done!!
(and printscreen?)

Yes the salon is in west midlands, Dudley area, thats great if uou could! think I know the chain your talking about! ;)
Yes i think you probably do! lol! send me shop details and will send some ur way.. I get enquiries from all over midlands for some reason,the joys of the inernet! anyhow you are doing great well done for taking the plunge xxx:green:

Not a hairdressers im a mobile nail tech but just wanted to say well done!!
(and printscreen?)

Yeah don't ask, I wrote it out and phone froze do I snapped what I wrote so I didn't have to delete

Amazing! As mobile, as slow week for me is zero.

That's fab blue - a slow week for me is about £150, a good week upwards of £400 but it all depends on the weather haha last week it rained and i had a few cancellations (as i told you the other day lol) i tend to have an reoccurring pattern, first 3 weeks of the month are very busy, mostly colours, last week in the month is mainly cuts so i don't earn as much. I'm quite lucky as hubby's wages cover just about everything except food shopping so if i have a bad week it's not the end of the world xxx

Sounds like youve got it covered well Bluerinse.
Keep going at this rate and you will be sunning yourself on a beach somewhere expensive and exotic in no time.
Its great when we geeks post like this one as it reminds us that we are needed!
x

Sounds like youve got it covered well Bluerinse.
Keep going at this rate and you will be sunning yourself on a beach somewhere expensive and exotic in no time.
Its great when we geeks post like this one as it reminds us that we are needed!
x

Erm...I fly in 14 days!! ;) hehe booked before Christmas! Yes you are all needed, and not just for questions about extensions!! Xx

A slow week for us would be under £2,500. I'd be very scared if we dropped below that!
But I think we'll see blue using figures like that within a couple of years. I am sure of that! :)

A slow week for us would be under £2,500. I'd be very scared if we dropped below that!
But I think we'll see blue using figures like that within a couple of years. I am sure of that! :)

Bolly darling? ;)

I hope I do too! X

You will! I can feel it!

P.S Bolly is soooo 90's. Cristal wouldn't go amiss though ;) lol

Lol sorry i went a bit AbFab on ya there ;) yes definitely! X

Latest posts

Back