how soon after starting course will i be hands on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teresa36

Reaction score
start m/p course tomorrow for 39 weeks,
why so much paper work? how soon will i be actually preparing nails etc,
thanks
teresa x:)

There is a lot of health and safety work,along with anatomy and physiology :D

Rome wasn't built in a day :wink2: Your tutor will let you know when you are ready to be let loose :lol:

start m/p course tomorrow for 39 weeks,
why so much paper work? how soon will i be actually preparing nails etc,
thanks
teresa x:)
Hi, Teresa,

Just finished my 39 week course and, yes, there is a lot of paperwork but you definitely do need to know all you can about the life of nails and, of course, H&S. Even now I've finished, there is so much to learn and practice, practice, practice!!!

HTHs

holy cow!
39 weeks? i took a course (adult education) that was once a week for 6 weeks. this was almost 19 years ago, but, holy!
is this a very costly thing? mine cost $56.00 and was only 2 1/2 hours a week.
for all of that work you should be given a degree or something.
i can only imagine how intense the learning process is.
congratulations to all who do this!

kathleen

Hi, Kathleen,

My 39 weeks were covered 2 nights a week from 6 - 9 p.m. (that's 6 hours a week) plus commercial salon for assessments. That could be anything from a Wednesday morning or Sat/Sunday morning. The cost was £750 plus kit (£450), uniform and exam charges. Yes, quite steep but we did cover everything. Not sure whether I would have gone this way now reading about CND training etc. and I am still not confident - but then that could be just me - I am a bit of a perfectionist! :cry: But, hey, it's done and I did enjoy it very much.

xx:hug:xx

Latest posts

Back