How to achieve 'pearl' blonde - recommended products/tecniques?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hariibo

Reaction score
Hey fellow geeks :hug: I'm new here so please bear with!
I am currently studying hairdressing at my local college so i do have some limited knowledge of colour correction. However my query relates to myself and not a client so don't panic! :p
I am base 06 and recently went from dark brown to blonde after six months of growing/fading out my old colour. i had full head highlights with bleach then couple weeks later did a bleach bath which lightened very well, then put a few scattered bleach foils in and put ash blonde tint all over (apart from foils) and had about five inches chopped off. About a week later I decided i wanted to be candy floss pink (amelia lily style) so diluted crazy colour pinkissimo with conditioner and applied full head. Looked great. I then did this twice more once it faded a little, and then left it to wash out (as only supposed to be semi) but it wasn't fading past a dirty pinky gross colour :grr: so used colour b4 (doh!) to try and strip the pink out as washing wasn't working but hardly made any difference anyway (because semi colour molecule different therefore not affected by colour b4??? or perhaps cuticle staining could be the cause???)
ANYWAY lol, i now want to go back blonde as i am a still this nasty shade of murky pink at the mo :eek: and really fancy 'pearl' shade of blonde. Going to do it myself so can anybody suggest the products and/or technique i need to use to get this? Not sure my hair would take any more all over bleach so perhaps high lift tint then tone, but i'm not aware of which products are available that do that particular shade - kinda platinum but with a pearl finish?!

Btw, my college use wella professional but I don't necessarily need to do it with their products, so any brand suggestions welcome :D

Any tips greatly appreciated!

HUGS xxx

Last edited:
Hey fellow geeks :hug: I'm new here so please bear with!
I am currently studying hairdressing at my local college so i do have some limited knowledge of colour correction. However my query relates to myself and not a client so don't panic! :p
I am base 06 and recently went from dark brown to blonde after six months of growing/fading out my old colour. i had full head highlights with bleach then couple weeks later did a bleach bath which lightened very well, then put a few scattered bleach foils in and put ash blonde tint all over (apart from foils) and had about five inches chopped off. About a week later I decided i wanted to be candy floss pink (amelia lily style) so diluted crazy colour pinkissimo with conditioner and applied full head. Looked great. I then did this twice more once it faded a little, and then left it to wash out (as only supposed to be semi) but it wasn't fading past a dirty pinky gross colour :grr: so used colour b4 (doh!) to try and strip the pink out as washing wasn't working but hardly made any difference anyway (because semi colour molecule different therefore not affected by colour b4??? or perhaps cuticle staining could be the cause???)
ANYWAY lol, i now want to go back blonde as i am a still this nasty shade of murky pink at the mo :eek: and really fancy 'pearl' shade of blonde. Going to do it myself so can anybody suggest the products and/or technique i need to use to get this? Not sure my hair would take any more all over bleach so perhaps high lift tint then tone, but i'm not aware of which products are available that do that particular shade - kinda platinum but with a pearl finish?!

Any tips greatly appreciated!

HUGS xxx
U got a pic Hun? X

Ignore the style... au naturel lol xx

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2,208
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 2,512
Ignore the style... au naturel lol xx

You don't need a Highlift Hun it will just damage it more try a mild bleac bath with just water if condition allows probably take you a while to remove the pink x

can't believe a 'semi' can be this resillient to washing! any ideas on the pearl blonde? xx

can't believe a 'semi' can be this resillient to washing! any ideas on the pearl blonde? xx

What you shampooing with? 10.12 in dialight with 9 vol is beautiful have to watch it tho and you'll have to get rid of the pink first x

cool thanks :D will take a look at that. and depends, but i normally wash with l'oreal professional force vector and when i've got blonde in i use so silver aswell xx

cool thanks :D will take a look at that. and depends, but i normally wash with l'oreal professional force vector and when i've got blonde in i use so silver aswell xx

Try using a clarifying shampoo to help remove the pink x

bought one last week to try rid myself of it! only used a couple of times and it seems to be helping very slightly. just a quick question, when doing my own hair i always buy jerome russel developer as it's widely available and can just pop in boots to get some more. is there any brand in particular to use with dialight? xxx

bought one last week to try rid myself of it! only used a couple of times and it seems to be helping very slightly. just a quick question, when doing my own hair i always buy jerome russel developer as it's widely available and can just pop in boots to get some more. is there any brand in particular to use with dialight? xxx

Yeh u need the loreal diarichese/light developer x

Semis like pinkissimo stain the hair especially if its porous which is why it can stay in for ages. Ive still got a bit of purple on a piece of my hair from a month ago. Bleach bath will get it out nicely, also I find if you want to go from pink to silvery white without the minging orange tones, use a strong purple shampoo like fudge clean blonde every other day so the pink will fade into icy pink then lilac then you can stop using the toning shampoo and it will be back to a lovely blonde.

Baby shampoo can help release so of the pink colour keep washing it in that and u will c a differance but never colour hair that has been just washed in baby shampoo

Semis like pinkissimo stain the hair especially if its porous which is why it can stay in for ages. Ive still got a bit of purple on a piece of my hair from a month ago. Bleach bath will get it out nicely, also I find if you want to go from pink to silvery white without the minging orange tones, use a strong purple shampoo like fudge clean blonde every other day so the pink will fade into icy pink then lilac then you can stop using the toning shampoo and it will be back to a lovely blonde.

yeah it's a nightmare. I only used about a fifth of the bottle for a full head and then made the rest up with conditioner so it was really diluted and that was in february! I did two more full head applications and died my 20" clip-ins out of the same bottle so i was definitely not expecting it to still be in!

and the minging orangey tones is EXACTLY what it looks like now - really pale murky orangey pink :evil: bad times! i do use so silver on it, but i am fond of fudge products but hadn't seen their purple shampoo so perhaps will give that a go after a bleach bath.

thanks for the help, guys :D

xxx

Baby shampoo can help release so of the pink colour keep washing it in that and u will c a differance but never colour hair that has been just washed in baby shampoo

really? interesting. why's that, do you know?

my little one has plenty of johnsons baby shampoo so might have to nick some of his and see!

Wash your hair with fairy liquid for around a week. Then use matrix so silver shampoo you should then have enough colour out to use matrix so colour ul-p :) or if you just want to tone use colour sync spv for 20 mins x

Wash your hair with fairy liquid for around a week. Then use matrix so silver shampoo you should then have enough colour out to use matrix so colour ul-p :) or if you just want to tone use colour sync spv for 20 mins x

Use matrix 10p with 8p lovely pearl colour 70% ash 30% gold

Latest posts

Back