How To Achieve This Look?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have somewhat wavy hair that can be straightened or curled easily, and holds whatever shape it goes into. Without spending a buck, this is what I used to do when I had long hair and wanted this (we call it "beach" hair here!)

1. After shower/washing hair part in the middle, like 2 pig tails.
2. With hair wet, Do 2 french braids down either side of the head, starting from the hairline and working down the head. Continue in a regular braid if theres hair left over at the end.
3. Spritz with hair spray, generously.
4. Air Dry/Blow Dry. Your braids have to be COMPLETELY dry before you take them out!! It's ok if they get messy.
5. Let em loose! Give your head a good shake - all done!

The waves should be soft, too, and hold really really well.

I find this worked best at night, sleeping with them in, and then letting my hair down in the morning.

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons, how would you achieve this look on curly hair that's prone to frizz?

If I use mousse and scrunch mine I end up looking like this:

View attachment 4869

And no. I don't mean the dog!:green:

pmsl sal...crystal tips (and alistar), this is my look before i straighten in:lol:

okay one thing straight nail geeks..for those who have naturally curly hair..naturally straight hair does not perform the same way as curly hair so there is no possible way you can sit there and tell someone with long straight hair how you do your hair..:D

Unless you know the stucture of straight compared to curly and how well her hair holds a curl..you can't actually say what it going to work for her.

It is great that everyone wants to post here in hairgeeks forum and help other geeks but please make sure you actually know what you are talking about before giving out advice.

:smack:

I have somewhat wavy hair that can be straightened or curled easily, and holds whatever shape it goes into. Without spending a buck, this is what I used to do when I had long hair and wanted this (we call it "beach" hair here!)

2. With hair wet, Do 2 french braids down either side of the head, starting from the hairline and working down the head. Continue in a regular braid if theres hair left over at the end.
4. Air Dry/Blow Dry. Your braids have to be COMPLETELY dry before you take them out!! It's ok if they get messy.

I find this worked best at night, sleeping with them in, and then letting my hair down in the morning.

This is how it looks definately - this is what I do on me (curly) and my daughter (dead straight long hair) and it looks like the pic - sorry I am NOT a hair PRO but it's just a style that she asked if any one knows how to acheive. It's gonna get mighty expensive buying lots of "tools" to try the look - I'd start with the freebie ones first. Also I find curling even shoulder length hair by tongs and straighteners a LONG job. This way (above) you get to take 5 mins, go to be and voila! job done! haha

With thin hair:
I would think that by braiding the hair, you would end up more kinky looking than a soft wavy curl.
this might work with thick hair that u can braid larger

was browsing a magazine last night and there was a small piece in there about this exact thing funnily enough. BEN COOK posh's stylist suggested getting this look by: plait hair into braids while wet then run wet2straight straighteners over them until dry before undoing and finger combing through. Alternatively leave plats to dry naturally.
I'm no pro but he sure is! :)

It is great that everyone wants to post here in hairgeeks forum and help other geeks but please make sure you actually know what you are talking about before giving out advice.

:irked:I don't think you have to be a PRO to be able to offer hair styling ideas anymore than if someone wants to polish there own nails.

I ain't no plumber but i know what to do when my loo is blocked.

My point being that over the years we all pick up little things, tips, useful information and i don't see whats wrong with sharing it even if we dont have a masters in it !

:irked:I don't think you have to be a PRO to be able to offer hair styling ideas anymore than if someone wants to polish there own nails.

I ain't no plumber but i know what to do when my loo is blocked.

My point being that over the years we all pick up little things, tips, useful information and i don't see whats wrong with sharing it even if we dont have a masters in it !
I am with you there Ang :hug:

totally agree with you ang, its nice to offer ideas (of course not on the professional side of hairdressing if we aint no pro's) but its nice to hear what works for us reguarding styling etc...just like when we ask each other what enamel colours we like, or how to paint the perfect french...its good to pick up tips from others....

Gonna give this a bash tonight!:hug:

I get the results by using 25 cm long peices of rope, 2cm across, and braid the hair around the rope. I use a regular perm rod at the ends. My sections that I braid onto the rope are about 7cm square. I then process by perm as any other perm. It gives the big curl my clients are after. The perm rod at the ends of the hair keep the ends from looking unkept. Good luck.:smack:

Thanks for your advice averyone...i'll let you know how i get on!!!!!

xx

i was told this look could also be achieved by having my hair permed...is this correct hair geeks???

xx

Latest posts

Back