How To Achieve This Look?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennykins

Reaction score
hi geeks!

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this wavey kinda look?

fergie.jpg

fergie1.jpg

I have the Remington Charles Worthington rag rollers, Nicky Clarke Ceramic Straighteners & Tongs, Various sizes of Velcro rollers & Babyliss Thermo Ceramic Heated Curlers....all of which create great styles but not the one i'm trying to achieve!

I've been curling my hair for over 10 years so i'm pretty frustrated that I can't get the look I want!

Should i be using bendy foam rollers??

xx :hug: xx

I just asked my daughter Amy as she does hers just like this sometimes. She said she curls them with her slim GHD's then straightens them lightly with the GHD's and it ends up like the pic. xxx

Do you know what, i knew this was going to be the reply....i'm usless at doing this with straighteners!!!!!!!! LOL!

I first saw that being done in a toni & guy hair salon...there were 2 hairdressers working on one girls hair as it was so long, mine is really long too so it'll be a mission!!!

Thanks so much for your advice Kim (and Amy)

xx

Another way I think you could achieve that look it to put mousse in and let it dry naturally, just giving it the occasional scrunch. Make sure you don't comb it though. xx

Attachments

• barrel.jpg
    barrel.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 159
Another way I think you could achieve that look it to put mousse in and let it dry naturally, just giving it the occasional scrunch. Make sure you don't comb it though. xx
This is exactly how i would do it,and use a gel foam mousse or avedas "be curly" hair texturiser...its good to see alot of threads on curly hair in the forum:green:

Jo would this work on my really long straight hair??? :green:

it would debs and you would get a lovely affect with your hair being straight first....i have washed my hair straightened it and the next night curled it with these for a night out trying to pull blokes...my hair looked great the blokes....mmmmmm still trying to pull em pmsl

it would debs and you would get a lovely affect with your hair being straight first....i have washed my hair straightened it and the next night curled it with these for a night out trying to pull blokes...my hair looked great the blokes....mmmmmm still trying to pull em pmsl

Thanks for that Jo :hug: my hair is halfway down my back now - I will give it a go me thinks :green:

I know what they are thinking Jo :green:

"That bird is soooooo classy she'd never be interested in me" :hug:

Thanks for that Jo :hug: my hair is halfway down my back now - I will give it a go me thinks :green:

I know what they are thinking Jo :green:

"That bird is soooooo classy she'd never be interested in me" :hug:

yeh righttttttttt pmsl :lol:" they'll be thinking look at that rough bint :eek: lol

plat it wet and take out the next morning!? shes more tousled than any thing. If your hair has a curl pop some serum on to stop frizzyness then twist round sections of hair whilst wet - leave to dry naturally, then loosen the twists gently with fingers and LEAVE it looks just like above.
I'm not a hairdresser but I do have curly hair which I have to manage!! lol hth

triple barrel wavers!

okay one thing straight nail geeks..for those who have naturally curly hair..naturally straight hair does not perform the same way as curly hair so there is no possible way you can sit there and tell someone with long straight hair how you do your hair..:D

Unless you know the stucture of straight compared to curly and how well her hair holds a curl..you can't actually say what it going to work for her.

It is great that everyone wants to post here in hairgeeks forum and help other geeks but please make sure you actually know what you are talking about before giving out advice.

okay one thing straight nail geeks..for those who have naturally curly hair..naturally straight hair does not perform the same way as curly hair so there is no possible way you can sit there and tell someone with long straight hair how you do your hair..:D

Unless you know the stucture of straight compared to curly and how well her hair holds a curl..you can't actually say what it going to work for her.

It is great that everyone wants to post here in hairgeeks forum and help other geeks but please make sure you actually know what you are talking about before giving out advice.

sorry :o mouth zipped from now on

sorry :o mouth zipped from now on

LOL you are the one that is the closest to getting the look she is wanting to achieve.

The waver or three barrel curling iron ( as we call it) is the easiest and quickest way of doing it.
Another way is to spiral pieces of hair on a regular curling iron and before it cools down too much, run your fingers thru the curls with a bit of pomade on your fingers. Pull on the curl just enough to lossen it up a bit until you get the look you want.
If your hair does not like to hold curl, hairspray it lightly afterwards.

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons, how would you achieve this look on curly hair that's prone to frizz?

If I use mousse and scrunch mine I end up looking like this:

crystal.jpg

And no. I don't mean the dog!:green:

Hi Sal, I have curly hair also, ringlets.
It depends on how easy your hair can be straightened out.
With mine, I use a regualr curling iron and it goes straight and smooth.

If you are prone to frizz and too much fullness, using a flat iron first lightly will help with the volume , then you could go in with the 3 barrell or spiral it in sections on a regualr curling iron.

the secret to curly hair and too much volume is to use a light gel instead of a mousse.
Mousse give volume.
Gel is a bit more heavy and will provide a hold and de volume it.
Use a pomade that isn't too slick afterwards, from roots to ends.

Here is a tip and trick:

When straightening curly hair or any type of hair for that matter, If you are looking to get it flat looking, take your iron from root to ends and straighten

If you are just looking to smooth the ends out a bit but leave volume in there, run the iron from Mid shaft to ends. :wink2:

Hi Sal, I have curly hair also, ringlets.
It depends on how easy your hair can be straightened out.
With mine, I use a regualr curling iron and it goes straight and smooth.

If you are prone to frizz and too much fullness, using a flat iron first lightly will help with the volume , then you could go in with the 3 barrell or spiral it in sections on a regualr curling iron.

the secret to curly hair and too much volume is to use a light gel instead of a mousse.
Mousse give volume.
Gel is a bit more heavy and will provide a hold and de volume it.
Use a pomade that isn't too slick afterwards, from roots to ends.

Here is a tip and trick:

When straightening curly hair or any type of hair for that matter, If you are looking to get it flat looking, take your iron from root to ends and straighten

If you are just looking to smooth the ends out a bit but leave volume in there, run the iron from Mid shaft to ends. :wink2:

Thanks hun for the fab advice.:hug:

Latest posts

Back