How to "App" in new site

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
With the new server and site move, we have lost the connectivity for the old SalonGeek app. However this site has been designed to be very mobile friendly which provides access to all the areas and features of SalonGeek which were previously unavailable on the old App.

So that is the bad news for our App users. The good news is you can achieve almost the exact same functionality and much more now. Here are some suggestions for mobile users to easily access the site:

Add SalonGeek to your home screen
Got to the home page (just click the logo in upper left corner).
  • Android users: click the menu button and select "Add to homescreen".
  • iPhone and iPads: click the Share icon (looks like a square with an arrow coming out of it) and then "Add to homescreen".
  • Others: Full details for all devices here.
Watching threads you participate in
If you want to automatically track messages that you have participated in, click your profile icon (upper right) and chose "Preferences". You can then select "Automatically watch threads you create or reply to". You can then view these from selecting "Watched threads" or "Watched Posts".

Those 2 items will give you the same basic functionality that the app had, but also give you access to the rest of the site!

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Cheers for that Sam, done!

daydreams01

Hi, just getting used to new site. Have managed to book mark it and do my settings sonI can watch threads etc but have just noticed on my avatar it says unqualified! Does this mean I have to put in all my details again?

Noodle

Staff member
Double check your profile details by clicking your avatar icon (top right of the page), then click Your Profile Page and Personal Details and scroll down. If your qualifications need to be re-entered, then this is the place to do it.

HTHs.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Hi, just getting used to new site. Have managed to book mark it and do my settings sonI can watch threads etc but have just noticed on my avatar it says unqualified! Does this mean I have to put in all my details again?
Just edit your details by clicking your avatar in top right, then personal details and tick your qualifications.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Oops, replied at same time :D

daydreams01

Thanks think I have done it!wondering if now I have done the bookmark thing, Will I need to log in with password each time, as I'm terrible for forgetting passwords so that was the good thing with the app!

daydreams01

No I just tried it and it logs you out. Also for some reason my iPad never lets me stay logged in even when I click the button to remember password or stay logged in! Never mind, will have to write it down as I'm bound to forget it!

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
No I just tried it and it logs you out. Also for some reason my iPad never lets me stay logged in even when I click the button to remember password or stay logged in! Never mind, will have to write it down as I'm bound to forget it!
My iPad did that to me too initially, but it's is fine now and I have remained logged in when I bring the site back up. Always good to keep a note of your passwords though.

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Some amount of work went into this Samuel. Looks fantastic . Congrats and Thanks !! Much appreciated

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
That might happen if you are in private browsing mode. If the browser border/menu is dark, that will be the problem

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Thanks Rinn!

daydreams01

That might happen if you are in private browsing mode. If the browser border/menu is dark, that will be the problem
Maybe that's the problem as the border is dark. How do you change it?

daydreams01

Think I have changed it, I didn't even realise there was such a thing as private browsing mode!

pampam

Oh dear, it doesn't look as though my phone likes the new site! I'm using windows on the Lumia and I can't access my profile cos everything shifts too far over to the left plus I've got a red flag up but can't click on it..

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
I don't have a windows phone to test on :(

Saying that, there wasn't an app for the windows phone before? How old is the phone?

littlemissm

Is anyone else having problems with the app as when I try to go on via the salongeek app I can't its saying no longer in use. I have had to log on through the Internet​

littlemissm

This is what's coming up

Attachments

coco.

It's no longer available
If you click on the mobile users guide at the top of this page it will explain

pampam

I don't have a windows phone to test on :(

Saying that, there wasn't an app for the windows phone before? How old is the phone?
My phone Lumia 635 is about a year old, not sure if there was an app, I just used Google! I can get in to some parts of my profile but nothing on the left so I can't update and I'm now down as unqualified