How to Apply Diamonds on a black polish ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie80

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a lady coming to me tomorrow who wants acrylic nails but would like them painted black, with some diamonds on them.

Can anyone advise me the best way to get the diamonds to stay on as generally I find the diamonds come off fairly quickly?

Im going to do a set of Acrylic, then base coat and paint black, then after the diamonds apply a top coat, this is how I usually do it, just not sure about the diamonds.

Thanks in advance x

Have you ever tried using a dot of adhesive to adhere the gem to the nail? I like Gelbond, I do still smush it in a bit so the gem isn't sticking up off the nail as far :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I find Seche Vite holds them in place really well

I use nail glue too - but only on enhanced nails, not natural. So they will be fine over your acrylics.
Also, you can set them into the top of a UV topcoat before curing if you use that - but not much good immeadiately after using enamel as it shrinks up the enamel/varnish.
So, I guess I'd use glue on her after the paint & before your topcoat of polish.
xx

I honestly have never had to use an adhesive with stones, and clients return their next appointment with them still intact.

Basecoat
Colour
Topcoat
Set stone while topcoat still wet, and 'push' the stone firmly INTO the polish to 'bezel-set' it (so that polish comes up around it's sides, you have to look very close to see that).
If you don't have a rubber-ended stone grabber, use a regular pencil with an unused eraser at the end of it, and use that to push your stone in. Be careful not to slide along the polish.
If necessary, dab a very light amount of topcoat on top for those that are very heavy handed.

I've always had to e-file the stones off.

hth's

PS: If applying a uv sealant/topcoat, then apply stone BEFORE putting hand under the lamp.

yeah i have never used glue , i always let them dry into the top coat they last great , i just use whatever i have free at my table i.e: a orange wood stick just dip the sharp end into the topcoat brush then pick the diamond up and put onto the nail neatly..
gorgeous nails....:)

Thanks for the help everyone, I will do what it suggested and lets hope they turn out ok, the clients is after something simple on her black polish x

Latest posts

Back