How to apply hand & foot paraffin during facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TigerlLily

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m going to be adding hand & foot paraffin to one of my facials and I’m looking for tips on applying while the client is laying down. I used little plastic bags and dipped the hand in the bag but my Mom who I was practicing on told me she felt it was hotter than dipping her hand in the pot. I have a couple other people I’ll be trialing on since my Mom is more sensitive to heat and cold but just looking for any other options for applying this service.

One way to add these services to a facial would be to place foil under hand/foot, apply p wax with a brush from a bowl (drips fall onto the foil) wrap foil around hand/foot and leave on for 10-15 mins. Then unwrap, remove wax and finish as required.

I would suggest that just doing the hands would be sufficient as a luxury add on. You could fit this in using the time when the mask is on.

alternatively, an easier add on would be to apply generous amount of hand cream, bag and apply heated mitts. Leave on for about 5 mins, remove bags and then massage hand and lower arm with remaining cream.

Thank you so much for your reply! I definitely want to try the lotion I have heated mitts sitting in my storage closet so would be good to put them to use.

Thank you so much for your reply! I definitely want to try the lotion I have heated mitts sitting in my storage closet so would be good to put them to use.
Yes, more relaxing for the client and no bits of wax to pick out from under the nails.
Less expensive in products too!

Yes, more relaxing for the client and no bits of wax to pick out from under the nails.
Less expensive in products too!
Haha I had the same thought on the expense happy to save where I can!

I second CFBS. Hot mits with a lovely cream or hand mask feels so good! Less messy too 😁

I used to do Jessica manicures and within that we apply a generous amount of hand cream/mask & then clingfilm the hand/feet to seal it in and making sure no air bubbles & then in heated mittens/bootees 10 mins- would use this time to decide on polish/nail art. :)

Latest posts

Back