How to apply Swarovski crystals/gems to CND Shellac nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixieD

Reaction score
Hi can anyone give me any tips on how to apply Swarovski crystals/ gems to CND Shellac nail polish????
I would like to do my finger nails with the crystals/gems and would love to know how to do it and do they last the distance alongside the Shellac polish for the the 2 weeks plus wear.
Many thanks xxx

I don't know how everyone else does theirs but I do mine like this (and they last the full two weeks)
Apply base coat and cure
Apply first colour coat and cure
Apply second colour coat but do not cure. Place the crystals where u want them on the uncured colour coat and then cure. Then I top coat making sure to get top coat all around the crystals. Don't go over the top of the crystals as this can dull the shine

I don't know how everyone else does theirs but I do mine like this (and they last the full two weeks)
Apply base coat and cure
Apply second colour coat but do not cure. Place the crystals where u want them on the uncured colour coat and then cure. Then I top coat making sure to get top coat all around the crystals. Don't go over the top of the crystals as this can dull the shine[/Q
Apply base coat and cure
Apply second colour coat but do not cure. Place the crystals where u want them on the uncured colour coat and then cure. Then I top coat making sure to get top coat all around the crystals. Don't go over the top of the crystals as this can dull the shine
oh thank you for your help
I'm going to have a go on my nails tomorrow with some nail art and Swarovski crystals xxx

IMO Brisa Lite Smoothing gel is the best product to use to secure Swarovskis. finish your service as normal, add a dab of the gel when you want to place your gems, embed the gems, cure and wipe with IPA . It is da bomb!

I applied these gems 10 days ago with NSI glue directly onto the acrylic, none have come off on either hand and look much more sparkly than when I apply using the Shellac method as above.

As you can see though there's no colour underneath :)

Attachments

• DSC_0473.JPG
    DSC_0473.JPG
    955.5 KB · Views: 79
IMO Brisa Lite Smoothing gel is the best product to use to secure Swarovskis. finish your service as normal, add a dab of the gel when you want to place your gems, embed the gems, cure and wipe with IPA . It is da bomb!

Sorry, I may be overthinking this but you use the Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel to secure the Swarovski crystal only? No top coat, be it Shella or Brisa Lite Top Coat afterwards?

Sorry, I may be overthinking this but you use the Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel to secure the Swarovski crystal only? No top coat, be it Shella or Brisa Lite Top Coat afterwards?
Finish your service fully with top coat , then add your dab of BLSM , press in the gem, cure and wipe the nail

Latest posts

Back