How to approach potential clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy_cbell21

Reaction score
I am looking for advice on this as I am kind of shy and I come across this problem often. While out for the day I see an average of four bad military cuts. This is just one example. I was out shopping yesterday and saw a man leaving a salon with the worst fade. He was very upset and went back in the salon for a second then just came back out. It was very obvious he knew it was messed up and just didn't want too deal with it. I didn't approach him because I have no idea what I would say and also I don't want too seam like I'm poaching their clients. I specialize in military fades but I guess this could Cary over too any field. If you see a bad cut or color do you say something or just hand them a card? Walk away? Help!

I probably wouldn't just go over and mention that they have bad hair, lol, BUT maybe have flyers or cards ready to give to anyone who mentions a recent bad cut. Also, do you have sort of military patch houses? Maybe flyer drop with flyers that state your speciality? :)

I'm a nail tech so this is just my opinion as a non hairdresser.

I would NEVER go to a hairdresser who came up to me and rubbished my hair! I'm shocked you'd even consider that. It's the height of rudeness and will absolutely alienate any potential clients.

Nothing wrong with handing out promotional stuff and being a bit selective who you target but be subtle.

I'm a nail tech so this is just my opinion as a non hairdresser.

I would NEVER go to a hairdresser who came up to me and rubbished my hair! I'm shocked you'd even consider that. It's the height of rudeness and will absolutely alienate any potential clients.

Nothing wrong with handing out promotional stuff and being a bit selective who you target but be subtle.

That is one reason I asked here first, I thought it would rub some people the wrong way. On the other hand the marines here have too have a fresh clean fade every Monday morning. There are strict standards that are set for their hair and if it is not followed they get in trouble. I know that as soon as he left that salon he headed too another shop too get it fixed, so I keep thinking why not find a way too send them to my shop?

Latest posts

Back