How to ask a transgender female, if she is, for intimate waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beauty_sarah

Reaction score
Hey all,

Girl at work has a client who is a transgender female. She comes in for her chin waxed and today asked about a bikini wax! Now we don't know this person very well and we have another transgender who members if staf have seen the change and even got a private show! (They didn't have much choice)
Now we don't have a problem with them at all but am I right in thinking that its technically a male wax that we dont offer!
We have no idea If she's been through the change she's a relatively new client!!
Help and advice needed!!! :D xxxx

Jeeso! I wouldnt know how to ask or what to say tbh.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I would ask them outright 'how far has your surgery gone' if i am right in thinking if they are living as a women they have had hormone tablets to start making the change and 'parts' wud have decreased.
So yeh i wud ask, i was asked to do a hollywood on a lady, and found out she was born a guy and it did look different can explain how but it did!!!
Sorry im rabbiting on abit lol

I have a couple of pre op trans clients and they have bikini waxes and to be honest as long as it is just a standard bikini (not a high, brazilian or hollywood) it's pretty much the same as waxing a female, both my trans clients tuck their genitalia in so there's no lumps or bumps and they wear there own underwear so we just use a towel and couch roll to protect their clothes, I've found trans clients are great customers because they do spend a lot of money as they tend to have loads of treatments and really keep on top of there grooming but its totally a personal choice, don't do anything your not comfortable with and as always make sure your safe.

Hey all,

Girl at work has a client who is a transgender female. She comes in for her chin waxed and today asked about a bikini wax! Now we don't know this person very well and we have another transgender who members if staf have seen the change and even got a private show! (They didn't have much choice)
Now we don't have a problem with them at all but am I right in thinking that its technically a male wax that we dont offer!
We have no idea If she's been through the change she's a relatively new client!!
Help and advice needed!!! :D xxxx

When I think of a transgendered person, I assume this person has not had genital reassignment surgery yet. They may have had hormone replacement or made small changes to their appearance without changing their genitals. Transsexual people are people who have went through with genital reassignment surgery and are living their life as the opposite sex. Of course, everyone is different. You really should ask your client privately instead of speculating. Just explain to her that you need to know how to prepare for the treatment. If you are honest, up front and accepting then she will come back.

My daughter is transgendered ( she feels she was born in the wrong body), she would much rather explain her situation and feel accepted than have people speculate "what" she is.

When I think of a transgendered person, I assume this person has not had genital reassignment surgery yet. They may have had hormone replacement or made small changes to their appearance without changing their genitals. Transsexual people are people who have went through with genital reassignment surgery and are living their life as the opposite sex. Of course, everyone is different. You really should ask your client privately instead of speculating. Just explain to her that you need to know how to prepare for the treatment. If you are honest, up front and accepting then she will come back.

My daughter is transgendered ( she feels she was born in the wrong body), she would much rather explain her situation and feel accepted than have people speculate "what" she is.

I agree with this aswell but it is hard knowing how you can ask without upsetting them. But then again hopefully they wont mind you asking as she wants the treatment. Good luck ♥

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

If she comes to you as a female and wants a standard bikini wax I feel you should do it.

You absolutely must ask any questions you feel relevant to enhance your own understanding of her situation.

You will set the tone for this conversation, so if you are embarassed by the questions you are going to ask she will be embarassed also.

I feel that she will be happy to discuss her present status with you and what she intends for the future.

If after that you feel you can support her with her treatments I am sure she will be delighted.

Respect her as a human being going through changes that may be alien to you, and don't make her feel as if she is 'less'.

You will probably have a life long client if you handle things respectfully and confidentially.

If however you feel for whatever reason that you cannot offer this service then please find the words to allow her to withdraw from your salon still feeling 'whole'.

Peace and respect.

xx

I think if your open and honest with her then she would respect it. If it was me personally, i would suggest she comes in for a consultation where you can be in a private section of the salon and can ask the sensitive questions. I'm sure she would respect this hugely as long as your approach the situation honestly and comfortably. The more comfortable you are, the more comfortable she will be. However, don't do anything you are unsure about. And be honest with her if your not.
The pay off could be her appreciating the way you handled the situation and returning to you for many more treatments.
Good luck!

A transsexual is a man who gets his kicks from dressing as a women......think Alex Reid!

A transsexual is a man who gets his kicks from dressing as a women......think Alex Reid!

Isn't Alex Reid a transvestite / cross dresser?

thank you all for your replies,

however i feel that some of you havent fully understood what i am trying to ask.......
we already have a transexual client and fully understand how to deal with this type of client.
noone in our salon feels that they cant treat them.

but we are not 100% sure that this new client is a "male" or "female"
i was asking the polite way to ask with offending them.

we would of course do it privatly, we would never think to do anything but!!

I get what you mean - you don't know if she is a biological woman or a trans man? Either way I agree with Sarah-Lou - if she's just wanting a standard bikini wax it doesn't really matter what's under the bikini does it?

I would carry out a full consultation a few days prior to the appointment so the therapist is fully aware of the situation, to save awkwardness on both parts. I'm sure if the client is openly discussing she is transgender she will be used to discussing her treatment and future treatments. I have a client in the same situation we started off with manicures, eyebrows, lash tinting, legs etc helped to build trust now we could make our own tv series with some of the conversations we have all in good spirits #yolo

I think you should just take her as she is :) Some people might be open and honest, others might be a bit shy/offended if you ask what's down below. Like someone said there isn't much difference to a male or female bikini line.

I think doing your consultation pre appointments is best and discuss how much she is wanting done I often get people booked in for bikini lines then they want a Hollywood, if it turns out she wants a Hollywood then I would say something like " I hope you don't think I'm been rude but for the purpose of the treatment I must inform you that if you are pre operative that I wouldn't be able to carry out a full intimate waxing service as I am not trained to carry out this service and therefore would not be insured" if on the other hand it's a regular bikini line I wouldnt feel the need to bring it up as that's no different
Hope that helps

Last edited:
just to throw you all off now
just spoken to the member of staff and she says she is woman (a real woman)

but..... shes a body builder which is y she looks like a transgender female.
she comes to the salon for waxing because of the hormones she takes, makes her grow hair :S i feel awful now :S

:smack:

Good job you didnt make a big deal out of asking because mrs body builder may have bopped you on the nose.

Good job you didnt make a big deal out of asking because mrs body builder may have bopped you on the nose.

I know :s don't know what we would have done x

just to throw you all off now
just spoken to the member of staff and she says she is woman (a real woman)

but..... shes a body builder which is y she looks like a transgender female.
she comes to the salon for waxing because of the hormones she takes, makes her grow hair :S i feel awful now :S

:smack:

Haha! Don't judge a book by it's cover! I'm pleased to hear she's a real (biological) woman as I was a little concerned that she was having her chin waxed - waxing a man's beard :eek:

PS Good to know how welcoming people are to trans clients :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back