How to attach crystals?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nems2013

Dropdeadgorgeous
Reaction score
I'm doing some acrylic extensions tonight and i put gelish on top. The client wants quite a few crystals on a few of them and I was wondering what you all do to make them last?
Normally I glue the gems on (using tip glue), I'll go over with structure gel and top it off and they still don't last!
Also what would you charge of you covered the whole nail in gems?
Help please!

I would probably use something like builder gel. Apply a little on the area where the crystals will go, place the crystals and cure. x

I usually set mine in the structure gel before curing. They last till my clients next appointment x

Do you put a coat over the gems

I don't layer the gel over the gem it peels up and flakes of the gem sometimes I just go around the gem and seal it in x

Same here. I just use s thin brush and go between the crystals so it doesn't full their shine x

I use my dotting tool to place gems in gel polish, cure, then topcoat again. They will not budge, promise (just don't place them right on the very edge of the nail or sidewall) x

Latest posts

Back