How to become a nurse?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shai.shai

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I would be so grateful if someone could give me some advice. I am currently studying a VTCT level 4 in Laser and addional units. Some of the units include electrolysis and advanced epilation. I have already qualified in levels 2 & 3. Will this be enough qualification to get me on to a nursing degree? Or would I need to do an access course?

Give the uni a call they will be able to assess your qualifications and decide if they meet the entry criteria.

Entry requirements for a nursing degree
Each university sets its own requirements, so make sure you check with them before applying. This is usually around five GCSEs plus two A-levels or equivalent. You will also have to:

• demonstrate evidence of literacy and numeracy
  • complete a health questionnaire and identify any special needs related to a disability
  • declare any past criminal convictions
  • allow the university to check whether you have a police record. You will not automatically be barred if you have a criminal conviction or caution. The university will take into account the circumstances and will treat any information in the strictest of confidence.

Hi everyone
I would be so grateful if someone could give me some advice. I am currently studying a VTCT level 4 in Laser and addional units. Some of the units include electrolysis and advanced epilation. I have already qualified in levels 2 & 3. Will this be enough qualification to get me on to a nursing degree? Or would I need to do an access course?
No that wouldn’t be enough. Each university has its own entry requirements and specified UCAS points which can be made up from A levels, Access courses etc. Look at the universities you would be interested in and check their requirements.
The nursing degree is a 3 year full time course or there is now the option of doing the nursing apprenticeship via your local trust but you would need to be an existing trust employee, the nursing associates is similar but I’m not sure that would qualify you for injectables if that’s what you’re wanting to pursue.

No that wouldn’t be enough. Each university has its own entry requirements and specified UCAS points which can be made up from A levels, Access courses etc. Look at the universities you would be interested in and check their requirements.
The nursing degree is a 3 year full time course or there is now the option of doing the nursing apprenticeship via your local trust but you would need to be an existing trust employee, the nursing associates is similar but I’m not sure that would qualify you for injectables if that’s what you’re wanting to pursue.

I got accepted on BSc Hons Nursing with Level 3 Beauty Therapy.

Latest posts

Back