How to become qualified as a beauty lecturer?

Hey guys,

I have done so much research and seem to be at a dead end, I must be looking in the wrong places.

How do you become qualified to become a beauty lecturer/tutor;to work in a college.

A teaching qual in university?

TIA, x

Hi there,

I'm just considering the same and I think it all starts with an initial teaching diploma.

Heya

I’m guessing so too. I’m going to have a look at diplomas. Originally I was looking at teaching my own short beauty courses and was looking at a PTLLS .. the more I thought about teaching the more I was steering towards the further Ed route I.e college. I don’t think a PTLLS would be enough for that. Xxx

Heya

I’m guessing so too. I’m going to have a look at diplomas. Originally I was looking at teaching my own short beauty courses and was looking at a PTLLS .. the more I thought about teaching the more I was steering towards the further Ed route I.e college. I don’t think a PTLLS would be enough for that. Xxx
I'm not even sure what a PTLLS is :D Still only in the research stage. I'll let you know if I can find anything useful. I did go to a local college open day a few years back to enquire about teaching as I think that's the best way to find out all the info but depends if you decide to go down the college route I guess.
Xx

karenp70

You need to get a Cert Ed from University to teach in Further Education. This enables you to teach aged 14+. A PTLLS (or Level 3 Award in Education & Training as it's now known) only lets you teach Adults. Hope this helps!

You need the DET (Diploma in Education and Training) which is level 4 and 5. I did mine through Canterbury University but I stopped once I got to the CET (Certificate in Education and Training) which is higher than the AET (Award in Education and Training) but lower than the DET. If you only want to ‘train’ then it’s just the award you need. That can be done very easily and quickly.

Yes this is it. However, I'd look at The Guild of Beauty Therapist - its only £295 plus VAT so a lot cheaper than the Beauty Academy. I did mine with The Guild!
I am also a Guild Accredited trainer and can enrol you on this course!