How to buy CND as a non-pro?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMK452

Reaction score
I don't want to be a professional nail tech. I just want to be able to do CND Shellac on myself at home after watching my nail tech do it for years. I know you need a certification to buy genuine products from Ellisons or Sweet Squared. What's the best way to get the required training/certification on a budget? After all, nail techs make their money back; I won't. I'm based in London.

The Sweet Squared CND classes (which are the only UK-based CND classes linked on CND's website) cost £522 (including VAT), take two days, and are designed for pros. Is there anything more affordable or less time consuming for non-pros? I can't justify taking time off work, since I'm not training to be a nail tech.

The minimum requirement required by Sweet Squared or Ellisons to purchase CND products (but not for enhancements) is an accredited manicure certificate issued by a bona fides trainer/educator, so you will have to make at least that commitment if you serious, otherwise you won’t be able to purchase anything from them at all.

Problem solved. If anyone else is looking for a speedy, affordable, and thorough certification in London, I recommend the London Academy of Beauty. I received a gel polish certification that required no previous experience. The educator, Jacqui, was great, it took three hours, there was only one other student so lots of personal attention, and it cost £119. It covered everything you would expect from a quality class, including hygiene, safety, anatomy, chemistry, client relations, full manicure training, application/removal of gel products, and a demonstration of the differences between brands.

Latest posts

Back