How to clean out tanning machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LetUsSpray

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any way of cleaning out the HLVP 5008. Not the gun but the actual machine. I've noticed when I take the filter bit out to clean it there is always a bit of tan under where it sits. Not much but I'm guessing that after a years use the machine must have a fair amount of tan inside it. Xx

Could you not run some water through it? X

Wouldn't fancy switching it back on once I've run water through it. BOOM! X

Does anyone know if there is any way of cleaning out the HLVP 5008. Not the gun but the actual machine. I've noticed when I take the filter bit out to clean it there is always a bit of tan under where it sits. Not much but I'm guessing that after a years use the machine must have a fair amount of tan inside it. Xx

I don't think there is any way to clean out the actual machine, the filter is there to stop solution getting into the machine and causing problems with the electrics etc.
If you don't clean your filter regularly then eventually the machine will draw in solution due to the filter getting clogged. It is really important to clean your filter regularly.
Can't really suggest anything other than, leaving it to dry out and then making sure that you clean your filter more regularly than you are currently doing. As a general rule of thumb, it should be cleaned every week but this depends on how many tans you do.
Hope that helps, but definitely don't run water through the machine itself xx

I don't think there is any way to clean out the actual machine, the filter is there to stop solution getting into the machine and causing problems with the electrics etc.
If you don't clean your filter regularly then eventually the machine will draw in solution due to the filter getting clogged. It is really important to clean your filter regularly.
Can't really suggest anything other than, leaving it to dry out and then making sure that you clean your filter more regularly than you are currently doing. As a general rule of thumb, it should be cleaned every week but this depends on how many tans you do.
Hope that helps, but definitely don't run water through the machine itself xx
Thank you for your reply. No I didn't think there would be any way of cleaning it but thought I'd ask just in case. I'm quite good at cleaning my filter but I still think there must be some tan getting through. I'll maybe just start doing the filter after each day of tanning. Xx

Latest posts

Back