How to cover spots?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lea2721

Reaction score
Hi just wanted some advice im not skin geek im a hairdresser but as the title says how do you cover a inflamed spot any advice would be much appreciated, i try concelear and foundation but just seems to make the spot more prominent x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

It's not much help I don't think but when I have a red spot I use green concealer before my foundation to reduce the redness x

It's not much help I don't think but when I have a red spot I use green concealer before my foundation to reduce the redness x

Where do you get this from? I can understand the theory to that because in hair colouring green nutralizes red and vise versa x

Where do you get this from? I can understand the theory to that because in hair colouring green nutralizes red and vise versa x

Hello

I'm not 100% sure but I feel that MAC, gosh, benefit cosmetics etc will make a green pigmented concealer. As u say, the red pigment is neutlized by the green so when covered with a regular concealer/foundation over this it is hidden well.
Remember to dab the concealer on not rub. This provides a better & more natural coverage

Hope this helps
Lucy x

Hello

I'm not 100% sure but I feel that MAC, gosh, benefit cosmetics etc will make a green pigmented concealer. As u say, the red pigment is neutlized by the green so when covered with a regular concealer/foundation over this it is hidden well.
Remember to dab the concealer on not rub. This provides a better & more natural coverage

Hope this helps
Lucy x

Where can i buy these from? I mixed a bit of green pigment in with my conceler earlyer and it did help x

i use coloured concealer to hide different imperfections..green is fab for anything red on the skin including spots. i buy mine for the bargain of £1.99 in boots, its the natural collection one & they had a 3 for £5 offer last time i went in. there are other colours sold elsewhere which are fab, i was buying a trio of green,pink & normal skin tone colour in Germany for less than 2 Euro..great quality products out there for so little cost. oh the pink was to hide dark circles around eyes, good coverage & looked great. x

i use coloured concealer to hide different imperfections..green is fab for anything red on the skin including spots. i buy mine for the bargain of £1.99 in boots, its the natural collection one & they had a 3 for £5 offer last time i went in. there are other colours sold elsewhere which are fab, i was buying a trio of green,pink & normal skin tone colour in Germany for less than 2 Euro..great quality products out there for so little cost. oh the pink was to hide dark circles around eyes, good coverage & looked great. x

Great thankyou i will have a look at that boots one and the other colours lol xx

Ditto I get mine from boots, but no7 do a good cream they have green for redness and a lilac one for brightening up dull skin I love it x

Essence do a trio of green, pink and skin tone concealer and its fab...I get big spots that break out around the time Im due on and it covers them right up..I actually forget its there till I take my makeup off! Got mine in Primark (penneys in good oul Ireland) but Ive seen the brand in chemists all over! :)

Sent from my RACERII using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back