How to create a gradient French manicure with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loussie

Reaction score
Hi Lades,

How can I make a gradient french? A friend of my want this as her weddingnails.
She don't like a crisp white line. So she sended me this picture in the attachment.

She maybe want also acrylic nails for more length. I also thougt that I could use L&P soft white with a light coverpink and blend this.

(I dont like it, but that doesn't care:lol:, it is still not natural)
I just ordered nude nickers, but if I need an another colour it will be no problem.

But do you have a another idea?? Does somebody already made a french with a colour from the intimate collection? Or are the colours not shear enough?

Thanks in advance!

Loussie

Attachments

• P1080775.jpg
    P1080775.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 4,376
I had some1 show up.with a pic like this once for her natural nails... explained her nails werent as long but I could try... I basically did a coat of natural colour cured then took my tweezers n a cut off of cosmetic sponge and dabbed on the white touching lighter as I moved up the nail then re dabbed the end cured then went over it again with a natural sheer jus to soften the white and tio with top coat... wish I had kept the pic because it actually turned out really nice...

Dnt kno if its too much work for u but it give a really nuce blended soft white gradient xx

Hth xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had some1 show up.with a pic like this once for her natural nails... explained her nails werent as long but I could try... I basically did a coat of natural colour cured then took my tweezers n a cut off of cosmetic sponge and dabbed on the white touching lighter as I moved up the nail then re dabbed the end cured then went over it again with a natural sheer jus to soften the white and tio with top coat... wish I had kept the pic because it actually turned out really nice...

Dnt kno if its too much work for u but it give a really nuce blended soft white gradient xx

Hth xx

What a fantastic idea, thanks for posting instructions for this.
I'm going to give it a try with my brand of Gel Polish. I think it would lovely with other colour variations too.
I have done sponge french before and it looks really nice but not sponged to look gradient if that makes sense.
Very cool...I'll see how I go with it.

Oké, I am going tot buy a make up sponge. I also give a try on myself next weekend. My friend is coming after that ...we will see wat the results are ( I Will post a picture of the results)

But I still intersted in a french with a shellac intimate nudy :D

Thanks already!

Sent from my HUAWEI G525-U00 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would do your base colour and then do a fade with a white mica powder :)

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oké, I am going tot buy a make up sponge. I also give a try on myself next weekend. My friend is coming after that ...we will see wat the results are ( I Will post a picture of the results)

But I still intersted in a french with a shellac intimate nudy :D

Thanks already!

Sent from my HUAWEI G525-U00 using SalonGeek mobile app

I dnt use shellac sorry so not sure of nude colours I only have gelish at the moment... but my friend who uses shellac loves thinks its somethimg like "nude nickers? Or somethimg like that.. says its perfect with a french xx

Nude Knickers is kind of like a skin tone. I prefer Romantique which is a bit lighter or Beau is more sheer with a bit of a shimmer :)

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

You could use a sponge as suggested above but you could also try doing things a bit "backwards" and painting a white base then using additives or mica powders in a nude colour to fade from zone 3 to zone 1! It's easier to get even coverage with a powder than it is a sponge. Maybe it's worth trying both ways and seeing what you prefer.

Remember if you can't find additives that are exactly the colour you want, you can mix them to create a custom blend! Have a play. Enjoy :)

Xxx

Powder My Nose is a fairly new shade, it is a lovely nude, gives good coverage and I would say close to the colour in your picture. It is my favourite for french manicures. Even if you don't use it on this occasion, you may find it popular.

Powder my nose is really sheer though you need 3 coats to make I more opaque! Coverage was disappointing for me.

Powder my nose is really sheer though you need 3 coats to make I more opaque! Coverage was disappointing for me.

Maybe batches of each colour vary. I found two coats were brilliant, but other colours that people only need two coats of, I find I need 3. At the end of the day we all have our favourite colours, and have different techniques.

Latest posts

Back