How to create these blue nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conny

Reaction score
picture.php
Hello fellow Geeks,
i could use some advise ;-)
A (new) client (to be) mailed me the nails from the picture, requesting her nails to be done all in blue, in gel.
I'm working with Brisa gel, i have all the available colors, i have the additives also.

The thin gold line is a sticker i guess, so i'll be looking to buy this online. Advice on where to start my search is more then welcome ;-)

Greetings,
Conny

picture.php
Hello fellow Geeks,
i could use some advise ;-)
A (new) client (to be) mailed me the nails from the picture, requesting her nails to be done all in blue, in gel.
I'm working with Brisa gel, i have all the available colors, i have the additives also.

The thin gold line is a sticker i guess, so i'll be looking to buy this online. Advice on where to start my search is more then welcome ;-)

Greetings,
Conny

Ask Busybee32 or Nataliya ... they know everything abiut Shellac, colours, nail art with additives etc. :biggrin:

Ill be keeping an eye on this, they look FAB :)

afa6a57f7fa520f2aa83279b24dbb21d_56601.jpg

they look like they are blue with blue foils over the top and yes gold striping tape. these are some turquiose i did with turquiose foils and what made me think your picture was x

Last edited:
The blue can be mixed with a little white to create a lighter blue. One you get the desired shade, do a marble effect with white to get this cloudy/marble effect

Look similar to hotski layered with azure wish xx

I would say azure wish with cerulean blue additive stippled in to the second layer of cured CND Shellac! To me it almost looked tie dye?

That's exactly what it looks like Amelia!
I would sculpt out the nail first in whichever gel you want to use, finish file then go in with 2 coats Azure Wish, burnish cobalt blue additive into tacky 2 cured coat then take a sponge lightly moistened with IPA and dab over the additive until you get the desired effect. But there are another couple f ways you can do tie dye.
Try this one out and in the mean time I will try the others and let you know which one works best tomorrow morning
Jen xxx

So this effect could be used with other colours too Jen, I like this idea!

That's exactly what it looks like Amelia!
I would sculpt out the nail first in whichever gel you want to use, finish file then go in with 2 coats Azure Wish, burnish cobalt blue additive into tacky 2 cured coat then take a sponge lightly moistened with IPA and dab over the additive until you get the desired effect. But there are another couple f ways you can do tie dye.
Try this one out and in the mean time I will try the others and let you know which one works best tomorrow morning
Jen xxx

Thank you, i will see the client tomorrow morning, when i do her moms acrylic nails, it's not a question of live or dead :lol:
Fron tuesday afternoon till fridaymorning i'm working on a IT Security trade-show with my hubby, but friday, as soon as i get home, i'll pick up this thread and try out every option.

Yes any colour combo, Helen, it's a cool technique, just make sure the IPA has completely dried before applying topcoat.
And Conny you are very welcome, let me know how you get on xxx

Thanks Jen I've created these inspired by your video on you tube. The effect doesn't really show in the photo but both me and my client loved it! You're a superstar!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363707099.109421.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363707099.109421.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
You've done it again Jeni, absolutely fab. Think I need a session with your YouTube videos and some colour pops lol xx

Fantastic Jeni.

Can I ask where you got your netting from please?

I have my best netting from around my garlic cloves from the Supermercado Mercadonna. lol Seriously. It very small and perfect for nails. Keep your eyes peeled wherever you go.

I have my best netting from around my garlic cloves from the Supermercado Mercadonna. lol Seriously. It very small and perfect for nails. Keep your eyes peeled wherever you go.

Snap I use the netting around onions too. Clients think I'm nuts when they realise what it is but love the results xx

Snap I use the netting around onions too. Clients think I'm nuts when they realise what it is but love the results xx

Not nuts .. shows we are smart Creative cookies!!

Latest posts

Back