How to create this look, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394480843.125706.jpg

Hi my client has asked me to create this look, she likes the dark against the blonde but doesn't want that harsh line. I use loreal so was thinking a 5 on the regrowth & platine 30vol through the ends? Her hair is pretty much like this already but lighter on the roots.

Any advice would be great! I usually use easy meche to blend the 2 colours but fancy trying a different way?? Any ideas??

When I first started to do an ombré effect I used to apply the darker colour to the roots into mid-lengths leave for 30mins, wash off dry and then start by back combing from where you stopped applying the colour from the mid lengths. Using foil I then apply the lightener. Leave this on for the desired time then when you have washed and combed out the hair you don't have a block line. However as this method is quite time consuming I now apply colour to roots and mid lengths and then apply the lightener to the ends and smudge together which blends the colour creating a subtle colour change between the two! Both ways work really well for me but I definitely prefer the second way. Hope this helps you xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

When Tracy Cunningham first did Drews ombre she was platinium blonde. The technique she used was first toning the blonde with level 8 + 9 golds and copper tones for a couple of minutes to create the honey colour. The she added lowlights in a level 6 soft gold / beige. Then did the base colour 3/4 6 + 1/4 5.

She puts all her formulas on instagram but they are redken x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks everyone! Adam what's her name on Instagram?? X

TRACYCUNNINGHAM1 x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

To do ombré I normally start with the lighter colour on bottom before applying I back comb my section to where I want the lighter colour to go to, then place a foil on the piece of hair I will colour lighter, paint it on. Fold foil etc.do the whole head like this then go back in with ur darker colour xx

Kerry 💕

Hi everyone! Thank you for your advice I did a client last night and was so happy with the outcome!
I used majirel 6.1 on her roots (she's naturally a 7) did all roots first & blended down then took small sections starting at the back using easy meche I alternated platine 30vol & majirel 8.3 through mid lengths & ends :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394786589.918776.jpg

Looks so good

Nice x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back