How to create this look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica15

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I've seen similar designs to this one but I'm not sure how it would be achieved. I'm sure it has something to do with additives and IA but can't figure it out!! Thanks in advance :) xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379405234.270080.jpg

How about sponging? Just guessing x

Ive done a similar look but not with sponges but with crumpled up cling film (we call it that in the UK but has various names, the clingy stuff you can put round food and sandwiches)

Pop a drop of the colours you want on a tile of thumb pallet, crinkle up the cling film dab in colour, flash cure, do next colour flash etc, then cure and then top coat.

Last edited:
OOhh cool, looks like Candy Marble!
I'd try sponging for this look. Here would be the steps with CND Shellac:

- Apply CND Shellac in Cake Pop as normal.
- On a plastic backed pad, pallet or piece of foil decant a few drops of Hotski, Cream Puff and for the third colour I want to say Lobster Roll but you could try Tutti Frutti or Hot Pop Pink.
- Cut some pieces of dense cosmetic sponge and sponge on the three colours to the top film of the cured Cake Pop to create the candy marble look.
- Once the colours are sponged on cure for 2 minutes then apply Shellac UV Top Coat as normal.

Good luck! let us know how you get on :)

Aw fantastic thanks everyone!! Will have a bit of a play in the next few days thank you very much :) xx

Latest posts

Back