How to create zig zag chevron nails with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely use black acrylic paint, it's so much easier to work with, good luck xx

Which sharpie is the best to get?? Is it permenant one or oil based. It will be good to have in for leapard print too x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378707486.991176.jpg
I don't use shellac,I used reg nail polish and orly gel fx. I hope this helps.
More details please visit www.facebook.com/Attitudenails
I don't upgrade FB page and don't check it often but if you have a question, please leave a message,I might be able to help.

I use these from the range.
You need to make sure you trim down the sides properly and topcoat twice so they don't stick up.
But so much easier than painting them in freehand
Xx

I thought you could use has a stencil and remove once painted x

What are you using for the chevron? Can't quite see in the pics thanks x

Brought this thread back up after a search of how to do chevron nails!

Wondered if anyone had used the tape stencil method with additives rather than another colour shellac?

I'm going to try bronze additive over mint convertible using stencil (once the zig zag scissors I just ordered off eBay have arrived!) as I'm hoping it will be easier than carving and less bumpy if you know what I mean.

If anyone's already experimented with using additives for this, please share any tips! :)

Thanks xxxx

Hi,

These are mine that I did recently, I used CND Shellac Studio White as the base and Blackpool applied with a dotting tool

HTH x

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3

Attachments

• 1389816438837.jpg
    1389816438837.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 500
Have you used Konad? You can get a chevron plate and use that over CND Shellac! It's gets lovely crisp lines

Thanks Amelia, I have got konad (not got the chevron plate) but I've only tried a few times and found it so hard to use! I need to practice more admittedly! However id still be limited by the konad colours and it'd be great to try and do it with additives to get a broad range of colours and effects xxxx

Can anyone tell me the konad plate number with the chevron on it? Xxx

Vivid Lacquer VL010 stamping plate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 331
Bundle Monster BM423. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389835164.358472.jpg

Latest posts

Back