How to deal with clients who remove their enhancements!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppertop

Reaction score
Ok so i have started building up my clients and have a problem with one of them (she's a friend also) as she keeps taking her tips off! :mad:

She has wonky nails so i work extra hard to make sure the tips are on secure. I put my all into the treatment then she does something that will either chip the tip or snap one of them. Fair enough.
I advise her if she does this to just file the enhancement so that it's smooth and won't catch it and i will sort it when she gets to me next.

Does she take my advice? does she hell as! "Oh i just took them off" :eek:

I'm only charging £10 per set as i'm only training but to be honest if she's just gonna keep doing this i'm thinking about starting to charge her more.

Advice please ladies. What should i say to her and should i charge her more?:cry:

I'd inform her of the damage she is causing to her natural nails by removing them first.............
Then I would inform her of the extra work she is causing you ......
Last but not leased the extra amount of product you have to use.....
Positively .........I'd inform her if she keeps doing this you will have to increase your rates....by another 10.....maybe this will stop her....

I had a client like this ....(although I was not in training).....and when I informed her of the above......magically she stopped.....

i agree with melissa...tell her about your costs and you will have to put her nails up by another £10....also...when you do her nails again...keep them short so she has less chance in catching them so they "chip or rip off "...then she will have nothing to pull off ....some people!!!!...hth hun xx

I had a client like this, also a friend. I got so fed up with it that I stopped doing her nails.

keep them short so she has less chance in catching them so they "chip or rip off "...then she will have nothing to pull off ....some people!!!!...hth hun xx
I do finnish them off short as she isn't used to having them long. She always wants them long to and i have to advise her against it and explain why! :grr:
You want her as a client? :lol: I could bid her off on ebay!!! LMAO.

ღMandyღ;674968 said:
I do finnish them off short as she isn't used to having them long. She always wants them long to and i have to advise her against it and explain why! :grr:
You want her as a client? :lol: I could bid her off on ebay!!! LMAO.

she wants them long and she keeps breaking the tip :grr:.!!!!!!!!

have you told her you might have to charge her more hun as she is making you more work??????????....

me and your client would not see eye to eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

me and your client would not see eye to eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:
LoL me and my client don't!
Don't wanna loose a client before i even get through my training so it's like walking on egg shells. :cry:

lol huni....!!!!!!!....i would tell her next time you see her that she is damaging her natural nail...if she keeps ripping her nails off they will be so damaged you wont be able to have any enhancments on them....it cant be nice walking on egg shells as you want to start your business up...you must clear the air so tell her the truth hun...if she says its ok say no its not...your the pro who spends money on trianing and equitment...so be the pro to her and tell her what she is doing wrong hun....you will feel better to let it all out xxx:hug:

i can sooo sympathise! really winds me up cos i tell them if they want them off to come and see me, or i evenb explain how to soak them off themselves, but nooooo, they chip one and piggle at it, then peick at the gel, then nibble at it, then moan at me for being rubbish, cos my crap extensions have ruined their nail plates! pah!

i can sooo sympathise! really winds me up cos i tell them if they want them off to come and see me, or i evenb explain how to soak them off themselves, but nooooo, they chip one and piggle at it, then peick at the gel, then nibble at it, then moan at me for being rubbish, cos my crap extensions have ruined their nail plates! pah!
I'm just thinking that maybe i should type up an aftercare advice slip and put something on there about it????

ღMandyღ;675021 said:
I'm just thinking that maybe i should typr up an aftercare advice slip and put something on there about it????

Absoloutley, always cover yourself Mandy and try and educate your clients the best you can. There are clients that will take the preverbial because they are not getting charged a lot so will not treat their nails with the respect that they deserve. This is no excuse for intentionally damaging the hard work that you have put in.

I have clients that I know don't even read the aftercare leaflet that I provide, so I changed this and started when I was finishing off telling them verbally too and so when I hand it to them I say this is what I was talking about earlier. It does work.

hth :)

ღMandyღ;675021 said:
I'm just thinking that maybe i should type up an aftercare advice slip and put something on there about it????

Absoloutley, always cover yourself Mandy and try and educate your clients the best you can. There are clients that will take the preverbial because they are not getting charged a lot so will not treat their nails with the respect that they deserve. This is no excuse for intentionally damaging the hard work that you have put in.

I have clients that I know don't even read the aftercare leaflet that I provide, so I changed this and started when I was finishing off telling them verbally too and so when I hand it to them I say this is what I was talking about earlier. It does work.

hth :)
I couldn't agree more, having said that, there are those who will listen and read and those that won't.
I too had clients like yours when I started and to be honest, although I needed the practise and the work, they were more trouble than they were worth:irked:

Unfortunately, becuase she isn't paying full price, she isn't respecting your work or her nails. If she won't listen to you re the length and keeps losing them, then she isn't a good advert for you.:hug:

I had a client who kept picking the Bio coloured gel off her pinkie finger. When I advised her that I may not be able to continue to do her nails, due to the damage, she magically stopped!!!:lol:

Rule no 1, don't let a client dictate the length. If she wants them longer, tell her she will have to go elsewhere and pay full price:lol:

i give my clients an aftercare card, and they also sign to state that i've given them this, but i am now thinking of saying what damage can be caused if they take them off themselves, and popping that on my cards too

Typing up aftercare cards for your clients is a good idea. Don't beat around the bush with her and tell her what will happen if she keeps wrecking your beautiful nails! Also raise your price a tad hun, even though you are training!! Let us know how it goes.

S

Gee, she doesn't know how good she has it.

This would definitely be a delicate situation. Is she just a compulsive picker or biter? Maybe she thinks, oh well she is training I'm giving her good practice.

Does she have another friend who also has her nails done by you? Maybe you can have a little word with her.... that friend can show her some price lists from "out in the real world" & she might then actually appreciate it.

If this isn't an option maybe tell her that you have completed that part of the practice & have moved onto something else?

Or, just plain tell her the truth. If she is a real friend she should understand.

All the best :)

i give my clients an aftercare card, and they also sign to state that i've given them this, but i am now thinking of saying what damage can be caused if they take them off themselves, and popping that on my cards too
That's a fantastic idea!

Gee, she doesn't know how good she has it.

This would definitely be a delicate situation. Is she just a compulsive picker or biter? Maybe she thinks, oh well she is training I'm giving her good practice.

Does she have another friend who also has her nails done by you? Maybe you can have a little word with her.... that friend can show her some price lists from "out in the real world" & she might then actually appreciate it.

If this isn't an option maybe tell her that you have completed that part of the practice & have moved onto something else?

Or, just plain tell her the truth. If she is a real friend she should understand.

All the best :)
Well no she just takes them off when there is no reason too. I keep them as short as possible for her to get used to having a little length on them and tell her that when she comes back for RB that i will leave them a tiny bit longer until she has them at the long length she would like but we never get near the RB cos she has them off.
Some people eh, she just doesn't seem to understand that they STAY ON! :eek:

Latest posts

Back