How to deal with dry cuticle/skin around the nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaigeRosexxx

Reaction score
Hello I am training so I don’t know all of the ins and outs. I am getting a lot better at prepping the nails and painting gel or polish on natural nails and they look a lot neater. So I push the cuticle back and nip the cuticle (this is the way we do it in the salon) but there’s still rough skin surrounding the nails. How can I try and smooth it out? I always apply cuticle oil/cream after a gel manicure but for a normal file and polish, shall I apply it before hand then wipe away?

For an ordinary polish, you just drop the oil with your dropper on to cuticle area and leave it to do its thing, or you can rub it around without touching the nails

I like Dolly from the Navy range for exfoliating the skin without attacking it

Try and encourage clients to use cuticle oil more. Maybe retail it to them? CND solar oils minis are very popular with my clients.

With regular nail polish, I wait a few mins after topcoating then apply a small amount and rub around the nail gently avoiding the polish so not to smudge. But tbh on my own nails if I am wearing regular nail polish, I just brush the entire nail and cuticle with oil and let it sink in x

Latest posts

Back