How to do the PERFECT LUMOS application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
HOW TO DO … THE PERFECT LUMOS™ POLISH APPLICATION

We, as nail professionals are always trying to perfect our techniques, whether it is with sculpting, applying gel or even the basic polish application.

Here are some suggestions on how to help your polish glide on perfectly and last longer.

• Always start with a clean dry nail.

• Apply a (GENEROUS) coat of LUMOS™ Instant Impact Bottom Coat; make sure that you Seal (cap) the free edge. The Bottom Coat dries almost instantly and you can immediately apply your color.

• When applying any nail polish make sure that you Seal (cap) the product over the free edge. This technique is important to create a long lasting manicure.

• Apply your first coat of color leaving a space around the cuticle area, making sure to Seal (cap) the color across the free edge. Once you have finished your first coat of color you will see it starting to already dry into the Bottom Coat layer.

• Repeat with another color coat (optional).

• Finish by applying a GENEROUS coat of LUMOS™ High Speed Top Coat. When applying your Top Coat make sure that you have a Full Brush of product, and then glide the Top Coat over the nail and Seal(cap) along the free edge.

• Your polish application will be dry in 10-12 minutes!!! There is no need for an air dryer. Have your customer use a coat of Lumos every few days for a longer lasting manicure!

• Lumos will last till the end of the bottle!!!!

Last edited:
This is the best product I have discovered this year, I love it

Fantastic! Thank you for this. I have my set of base and top coat awaiting it's first use.

Love this product, is amazing to see how much longer a mani/pedi now lasts with it!

I love Lumos, thanks for posting this xx

Think I will be purchasing these :)

On my list of products. Thanks x

Thank you for the tips... I have both the lumos base and top coat but found the finished polish flaked after a day on myself... I am pretty sure my application was at fault as I have only heard great things of LUMOS. Will try again as above... Thanks...

Use plenty of Top Coat ... you do not have to go thin with it.

Latest posts

Back