How to do these in Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natalie_

Reaction score
I have a client in on Saturday wanting the red ones of these...How can I do them in Gelish? I did these ones in polish putting the red on first then striping tape and then black...can I do the same in Gelish? Or will the striping tape pull the red off?xx

stripes.jpg

I would apply the red, top coat, wipe sticky layer, buff lightly, apply striping tape, then do the black.

Do think striping tape would stick the the sticky layer on the red and if it did, i think you would lose some of it so best to top coat to seal it in x

But will the black not peel with the tape?x

Paint the red. cure. then paint black over the top, use a dotting tool or nail art brush to create the design and then cure. Let hope u have a steady hand!! X

Paint the red & cure. Stick your tape on where you want it, paint black over the top then before you cure it quickly whip the tape off then topcoat as normal
Xx

I've used striping tape with a colour underneath and a colour on top, cure it then peel the striping tape. It can peal the top colour with it so my advise would be....

Put the first colour on, wipe inhibition layer (as it makes the tape slide), add the tape leaving some extra at the edge to pull it off, then put the other colour on top but only flash cure it (so cure it for 10 secs with an led light) then peel the tape off tidying the lines up if u have to then fully cure. Hth xxx

I've done this sort of thing with shellac and Gelish. Do your base colour you want for the stripes, do 2 coats, then place your striping tape down, do your black and cure, once your happy with coverage, doing 2nd cat if need be, remove the striping tape, then top coat and done. When you remove the tape it doesn't remove the colour so don't worry.

The centre one in pic was done exactly like that, I removed the tape so I got the under colour. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
You could do the way that everyone above is suggesting with the tape or use the carving technique but you could just paint the whole nail black then use a striping brush to apply the design in the required colours. Xx

I've done this sort of thing with shellac and Gelish. Do your base colour you want for the stripes, do 2 coats, then place your striping tape down, do your black and cure, once your happy with coverage, doing 2nd cat if need be, remove the striping tape, then top coat and done. When you remove the tape it doesn't remove the colour so don't worry.

The centre one in pic was done exactly like that, I removed the tape so I got the under colour. :)

So it won't peel the black off when I take the tape of after curing black?xx

Don't know if I'm been really dumb here but wouldn't it just easier to paint it over the top with a nail art striper brush. If the colour doesn't show up well paint white first then colour. Then TIO?
Or am I missing something? 😳

Laura xx

Don't know if I'm been really dumb here but wouldn't it just easier to paint it over the top with a nail art striper brush. If the colour doesn't show up well paint white first then colour. Then TIO?
Or am I missing something? 😳

Laura xx

That would be easier but painting it by hand isn't as perfect as using striping tape as it makes the lines really precise. Xx

The flash cure sounds like a good idea, I tried the other day and the top colour peeled half off with the tape! Luckily it was on a colour pop and not a client :/

That would be easier but painting it by hand isn't as perfect as using striping tape as it makes the lines really precise. Xx

Ahh I see fair enough. Just though it looked like an easy enough job I have to do things the simple way else I'll just confuse myself haha ;)

Laura xx

Latest posts

Back