How to do these?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
A client has sent me this picture and she wants them doing for her holiday. I've looked at the step by step and its done using gel and additives. I only do acrylics so I was thinking of doing a clear acrylic and using silver chrome shellac and silver glitter. Would this work? Has anyone got any better ideas? Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1403184398037.jpg
    1403184398037.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 278
if you click on to cnd.com and register, there is a section for all these nail ideas, a how-to-do-it page. :biggrin:

if you click on to cnd.com and register, there is a section for all these nail ideas, a how-to-do-it page. :biggrin:

I know I just said I did that lol. The website says they are done using gel but I don't use gel so was looking for a way to do them with acrylic and shellac x

I would either do clear acrylic nail and then shellac rockstar with silver chrome & studio white tip or do a glitter acrylic nail then silver chrome and studio white.

I would personally go for the 1st option as you wouldn't have to remove and redo on their next set as opposed to just filing off the shellac.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's way early in the morning and have not had enough coffee so I can't remember colour names lol. This is what I would do. After you are done sculpting, paint the entire nail in an off white and cure. Paint over top with a nice gray, carve design with dotting tool, cure. Mix a holographic glitter paste, apply in the desired area, cure. Apply second glitter coat if required, cure. Apply top coat and cure, buff the nail gently to remove any raised bits or bumps, clean, top coat and cure.

Latest posts

Back