How to do these?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas? I can’t find any decals which look like this and I don’t think they’re freehand. Thank you
bc9b3738c5edfceb44a2cf190866ae3d.jpg

They look freehand to me as the fins are all different. I would use black acrylic paint.

Definitely freehand. Can use acrylic paint or gel paint. The colours look to be sequin sized glitter pieces :)

Awww really? That’s a shame, beyond my capabilities and if I did do it it would take me about half an hour lol thanks for your opinions xx

Those are freehand :p I use Gel polish when I hand paint details, I find it easiest. If you want to give it a go on some nail pops, you'd have an easier time if you first sketched your design on paper for practice, then sketched it lightly with a pencil on the nail itself (buff suface), then go in with black gel polish - and use a very thin and short fine detail brush for the black. I cut my own brushes, I buy cheap detail brushes, then I cut them so they're shorter and only have 3-5 strands on them lol. :)
GetBuffed Nails (sarah elmaz) handpaints Disney characters with Gel polish too, but she's a godess at hand painting, I feel both inspired and intimidated by her at the same time. :confused:Check her out, she sometimes gives some good advice how to achieve details, and she's holding a class in Europe in August which is great for wanting to improve any skill. :D

Latest posts

Back