How to dye all of my hair blonde?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfiexx11

Reaction score
I really want to dye all of my hair blonde but not sure how to go about it.

Two years ago a hairdresser dyed my hair from my natural colour which is a light brown to a platinum blonde and used such a harsh bleach and method that my hair broke and fell out and its taken two years for it to grow back to the length it is now.
I went to a different hairdresser last year and they added highlights, however right now i cant afford to go to a hairdresser so want to dye my hair at home. Im just extrermely worried and do not want to damage my hair again.
My hair fine and is a mixture of brown and blonde and has a few different shades of blonde. The top layer is blonde and underneath is brown which is my natural hair colour.

Im really fed up with roots and the uneven colouring on my hair and just want my hair to be one colour now.

How do i go about dyeing my hair blonde? Do i start with the brown parts and roots first and then dye all of my hair with the blonde i want? Also what developer would i use? I assumed a 9% but some parts of my hair are already blonde.

Attachments

• IMG_6494.jpg
    IMG_6494.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6498.jpg
    IMG_6498.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6497.jpg
    IMG_6497.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6496.jpg
    IMG_6496.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
Basic colouring theory and techniques is taught on level 2 hairdressing courses. Advanced colour correction is a level 4 qualification where the hairdresser usually has at least a couple of years post qualification experience. I’m guessing that your initial hairdresser was very inexperienced.

Don’t attempt this yourself as it’s clear from your question that you don’t really know what your doing. It’s very likely that you’ll end up with a mix of yellow and orange tones and have to pay even more money for a colour correction service.

It’s against the site rules to provide technical colour advice to an untrained diy-er so you need to wait until the salons re-open.

To keep costs down, consider going for a root stretch with balayage where you keep your natural darker colour at the roots with a soft blend to highlights which won’t require as much maintenance and so is more affordable. An all-over blonde on the other hand, will need the roots doing about every 6-8 weeks.

Latest posts

Back